Learn about insects at the Bug House: Where science and fun meet!
The Bug House features stunning specimen displays and a menagerie of live insects and arachnids -- including beetles, tropical cockroaches, and tarantulas! We are located in room 147 of the Natural Science Building on MSU's main campus in East Lansing, Michigan.
The MSU Bug House offers a variety of in-person and virtual educational programs about insects.
Please use this form to schedule a program with us, or to request more information.
Know before you go:
- Masks must be worn at all times when inside buildings on MSU's campus.
- No food or drink will be allowed inside the Bug House.
- At this time we are unable to process electronic payments, thus, all payments must be made with cash or check.
We are now taking requests for private programs, both virtual and in-person:
- Mini-Tour ($40) - 30 minutes. Includes time to explore the Bug House and meet our live animals; no presentation; limited to 5-10 visitors.
- Regular Tour ($70) - 60 minutes. Includes presentation, time to explore the Bug House & meet live animals, limited to 15-20 visitors.
- Virtual Mini-Tour ($20) - 30 minutes. Includes time to explore the Bug House and meet our live animals. No limit on attendance.
- Virtual Regular Tour ($60) - 60 minutes. Includes presentation and/or activity, time to explore the Bug House & meet our live insects. No limit on attendance.
No time for a tour? No problem! The Bug House provides a variety of free open house events during evenings and weekends for the general public throughout the year. See the "Events" tab above for a list of upcoming open houses!
Bug House Video Tour:
Check out our facility with our two-part video tour.