Although our Clinton County MSU Extension office is temporarily closed, we are still able to serve you!
- Call, text, FaceTime, or email Monica Jean with any Ag related questions: (616) 443-8782 or email@example.com
- Visit MSU Extension Field Crops for podcasts, webinars, and resources.
- Visit Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory for a variety of analytical services on samples of soil, greenhouse growth media, composts, plant tissue, water and other materials related to the growing of crops
- Visit Plant & Pest Diagnostics if you are experiencing problems with plants and pests.
Check out News and Notes below for upcoming events, timely articles, and research opportunities.
- News and Notes, Restricted Use Pesticide Applicators, April 2020
- News and Notes, April 2020
- News and Notes, February 2020
- News and Notes, January 2020
- News and Notes, November 2019
- News and Notes, September 2019
- News and Notes, August 2018
- News and Notes, April 2018
- News and Notes, Dec. 2017
- News and Notes, Oct. 2017
- News and Notes, July 2017
- News and Notes, April 2017
If you or someone you know would like to receive News & Notes by email (see our latest editions below), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put News & Notes in the subject line. Our hope is to make our email newsletter easy for you to subscribe to, update or if you are no longer in need of this information, to unsubscribe.
Tools, Resources & Links
- Clinton Conservation District
- Corn Nitrogen Rate Calculator
- 2019 Custom Machine Work Rates
- Decision Dashboard
- Field Crop Webinars
- Fungicides for Field Crops
- "In the Weeds" Podcast
- 2019 Michigan Land Values and Leasing Rates
- 2019 Michigan Soybean On-farm Research Report
- MSU Diagnostic Services
- MSU Entomology Extension Website
- MSU Extension Field Crops News
- MSU Farm Information Resource Management
- MSU Fertilizer Recommendations
- MSU Nutrient Recommendations for Field Crops in Michigan (E-2904)
- MSU Soil Fertility Research, "Greater yield in the field"
- MSU Variety Trials
- MSU Weeds
- Rental Agreements and Contracts
- Take Action on Weeds
- USDA Farm Land Cash Rental Information
- 2020 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops
MSU Extension Coverage
Your local MSU Extension office is the "front door" to Michigan State University. Gaining access to the vast resources available from Michigan State University Extension is as easy as stopping in or calling the local office or visiting the MSU Extension website.
When you call or stop into the local office you can talk to someone who is knowledgeable in all the resources available through MSU Extension. Following are just a few of the services available:
- Information and materials to submit soil and plant samples for analysis
- Information on diagnosing pest or disease problems
- Connecting growers with the MSU Extension educators that can help with a question
- Providing written information on a topic
- Purchasing MSU Extension materials
- Providing information on MSU Extension programs held locally as well as across the state
- Local newsletter offered via email quarterly. To receive the newsletter email Nicole at email@example.com put News & Notes in the subject line and request to be added to the list.
Visiting the MSU Extension website provides access to all MSU Extension programs across the state and connects users to articles, services and resources. Following is a brief listing of agriculture resources that are available:
- Events offered locally and across the state. Program information and registration are available with one stop.
- Find an expert. Locate the educator that are knowledgeable on the topic you are interested in and connect by email or phone.
- Gain access to the most recent articles on timely topics.
- Connect with county Extension offices and the folks that are housed there.
- To see all there is available visit http://msue.anr.msu.edu/
MSU Extension has educators across the state that can assist with your crop production needs. Visit the local office or the MSU Extension website for the quick and courteous service you are looking for.