Inclusive Employees & Spaces
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and learning environment.
Search Committee and Faculty/Staff Recruitment
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) can consult with faculty and staff who are involved in searches for faculty and staff positions.
The office can provide the following services to search committees and hiring managers:
- Drafting language for requesting diversity statements
- Developing rubrics for committees to evaluate diversity-related competencies of candidates
- Researching additional outreach sources for the committee to reach a diverse qualified pool of applicants
- Training and resources on how to avoid implicit bias in search processes
ODEI is building a list of recruitment resources specific to the CANR disciplines that departments will be able to use to increase the reach of their faculty and staff searches and reach a broader pool of qualified individuals. If you would like to suggest a resource, or contribute to this project, please contact the office.
The MSU Inclusion office also maintains a database of recruitment resources for diverse populations for MSU and public use.
Inclusive Classrooms and Offices
ODEI can work with faculty to review syllabi and classroom materials for inclusive language, diverse perspectives, compliance with MSU holiday and anti-discrimination policies. We can also consult with offices in terms of workplace inclusion. Please contact 517-432-1349 to request this service.
Additional MSU resources:
- Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning: MSU Graduate School
- Difficult Dialogues in the Classroom: MSU Academic Advancement Network
- Inclusive Teaching Resources: MSU Libraries
- Resources for Building Inclusive Communities: MSU Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives