Why Become A 4-H Volunteer?
- Inspire and empower youth
- Meet new people
- Share what you have learned
- Develop your leadership skills
- Make a difference
- Leave a legacy
Dear Potential 4-H Volunteer;
The Volunteer Selection Process includes an application, national and state background checks, references, online modules, and an interview. There is no charge to you as a volunteer for these background checks or the process.
- Step 1: Complete the Volunteer Application and E-mail it back to email@example.com. Please let your references know that we will be contacting them about your application to be a volunteer.
- Step 2: Complete the National Background Check. A secure link will allow you to complete your background check at no charge to you.
- Step 3: Complete the Volunteer E-modules. The password, “volunteer”, is not case sensitive. There are four modules, each of which takes approximately 20 minutes to view and complete. You must complete all four of the modules prior to being approved as a volunteer. As you complete each module, print out the certificates (or take screenshots), to bring to your interview as proof of module completion. Be sure to hit “submit,” after you complete each module.
- Step 4: After Steps 1- 3 are completed, I will contact you to set up an interview to discuss your potential involvement as a 4-H volunteer.
To start the process and access the forms noted above, please visit: https://www.canr.msu.edu/resources/msu_extension_volunteer_selection_process
Thank you for your interest in being a Michigan State University 4-H Youth Development Program volunteer.
Susan Turcott White
4-H Program Coordinator, Grand Traverse County
Michigan State University Extension