Enrolling through MSU Lifelong Education (step-by-step)
- New students, or those who have not been enrolled within the past three consecutive semesters, enroll via MSU's Lifelong Education portal.
- Be sure to choose “first time user” and then “NON-DEGREE” from the drop down list. This link will take you directly to the Lifelong application.
- If the application shows a $50 fee, you are under the wrong application. Go back and select "non-degree," which does not require an application fee.
- Answer "No" to the question, "Do you plan to use any courses to renew or upgrade a valid or expired teaching certificate?"
- Note your password.
- Note your application number, which you will receive upon submitting your application.
- Please send an email to IFLR@msu.edu with your desired course name and your application number so that we can process the override required for all students who wish to enroll in our courses. IFLR does not have access to your application and course selection information.
- Click here if you are interested in taking these courses for "information only" and do not wish to earn college credit.