If you do not need college credit or a transcript, and you do not wish to enroll through Lifelong Education, you may take any of our courses as an online, non-credit participant. One advantage of this option is that international and out-of-state students who register under non-credit status are charged a lower enrollment rate, currently approximately 55% of for-credit tuition.
You may register for non-credit participation and pay by credit card here.
- Non-credit participants enroll directly through IFLR, not through MSU Lifelong.
- Tuition: Non-credit participants pay (US) $1,695.00 for each 3-credit, full semester course in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Not required to do the weekly assignments.
- Still receive instructor feedback on any assignments you choose to complete.
- May still ask questions and participate in all exercises.
- Same course experience and course material as for-credit students.
- Will not receive a negative grade or grade of "incomplete" if you do not fully participate in assignments.
- No grade is given. Participants may receive a certificate of participation upon request.
- Non-credit courses are not eligible to be applied towards the requirements for either of IFLR's certificate programs.
- If you are interested in college credit, please see the for-credit enrollment page.
- Cancellation Policy: Applicants who cancel workshop enrollment more than three working days before the course starts will receive a full refund. Applicants who cancel enrollment with fewer than three working days left to the start of the course will be charged a $100 (US) late cancellation fee. Substitutions may be made at any time before the start of class.
- If you wish to pay for non-credit course participation by a method other than credit card, please contact IFLR@msu.edu to begin the enrollment process.