annual economic impact of Michigan livestock industry, including dairy, according to MDARD
return for every $1 of research investment in animal agriculture
in support of M-AAA's 2019 research and outreach initiatives
The 2018 M-AAA Legislative Summary details some of the recent research and extension projects that received funding from the Michigan Alliance for Animal Agriculture.
M-AAA is proud to partner with the following industry organizations:
- Michigan Allied Poultry Industries
- Michigan Cattlemen’s Association
- Michigan Farm Bureau
- Michigan Horse Industry
- Michigan Meat Association
- Michigan Milk Producers Association
- Michigan Pork Producers
- Michigan Sheep Producers Association
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee (Associate Member)
Published on September 14, 2020
After several accidents with livestock trailers in Michigan and neighboring states in recent years, MSU Extension educators brought their expertise together to create a training program to deal with the challenge.
Published on February 3, 2020
Gary McDowell, director of the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, believes collaborations with Michigan State University are key for the future of agriculture in the state.
Published on February 1, 2020
MSU and animal agriculture commodity organizations partner to address industry’s most pressing challenges.