ReNAPRI Help Launch 2021 Agricultural Status Report in Kenya
ReNAPRI continues to play an increasingly important role in shaping agricultural policy research throughout Africa
Following-up on its leadership of the AASR, ReNAPRI helped launch the agricultural status report at the 2021 Agricultural Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) on September 9, 2021 in Nairobi, Kenya. In addition, reflecting ReNAPRI’s expanding recognition as a source of solid information and perspective for development, ReNAPRI staff have participated as panelists in other AGRF events, including:
September 6th: 3:30pm (CAT), “Agricultural Transformation for sustainable and resilient food systems – USAID” AGRF Summit 2021
- John Olwande and Lulama Ndibongo Traub participated as panelists
- One key point: African-base agricultural policy research intuitions need to prove value-add to national governments. Our job is to provide timely, relevant, quality evidence that is fiscally feasible.
September 7th: 1pm (CAT), “Africa Agriculture Status Report (AASR) launch AGRF Summit 2021
- Lulama Ndibongo Traub served as a panelist in this session.
- One key point: Africa as a continent needs to transition from resource-dependent to productivity-led agricultural growth. But to do this successfully will require our national governments increasing public investment in R&D&E.
September 10th: 10AM (CAT), ReNAPRI's Dr. Nalishebo Meebelo will moderate a session on 'Building Strong Food Systems through Inclusive Data Sharing'.
- Chileshe Kapwepwe - SG COMESA
- Wamkele Mene - AfCFTA Secretariat
- Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry - Ghana
- Beth Dunford - Vice President, AfDB
- Ade Freeman - Regional Team Lead, FAO
- Mansoor Ahmad - Team Lead, Africa Agribusiness Investment and Regional Food Trade, FCDO
- Komla Bissi - Agriculture Lead, AfCFTA Secretariat
You can register for the AGRF 2021 at: https://agrf.summit.tc/