Learn about China's food laws and regulations - online this summer
Learn in depth with an international team of experts on food laws and regulations in China. Join other food industry professionals as you pursue graduate training online, on your own schedule this summer.
IFLR's Kris DeAngelo has put together a great team of international subject matter experts for this summer's online course on "Food Laws and Regulations in China."
The course runs from May 15 to August 18.
Hear from these contributing subject matter experts:
- Nicola Aporti, lawyer at the Chinese firm HFG Law & Intellectual Property
- Martin McNeese, certified customs broker
- Bernd van der Muelen, Director of the European Institute for Food Law and Professor of Comparative Food Law at Renmin University of China School of Law
- Kuei-Jueng Ni, Professor of Law and Director of the Center for Trans-Pacific Partnership and Transnational Trade Laws at School of Law, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Topics covered include:
- Regulatory Agencies
- Accessing China Food Law
- Hygiene and Food Safety
- Food Labeling and Advertising
- Influencing Consumers
- Permitted Claims
- Special Food Categories
- Risk Assessment
- Novel Food Approval
- Food Additives/Contaminants/Pesticide Residues/Packaging Residues
- Processing Requirements Under Good Manufacturing Provisions
- Food Fraud in China
- Import/Export Tariff and Trade Issues
- Liabilities Towards Consumers
Academic year 2022-2023 tuition for non-Michigan residents, including international residents, is $3,236.25 USD per 3-credit course. Tuition for Michigan residents is $2,525.25 USD per 3-credit course. All IFLR courses are 3-credits.
We offer a lower rate of $1,750.00 USD for non-credit registration, if you wish to take our courses for "informational purposes only," rather than work toward a certificate or eventual degree. Click here for non-credit enrollment.
You may read more about what to expect from an IFLR course on our "Details" page.
You may read more about our enrollment process at our "Enroll" page.
Please contact Mary Gebbia-Portice at email@example.com with any questions about our courses or enrollment process.