Packaging Scholarship Application Information
Each year, the School of Packaging (SoP) is able to give out annual scholarships thanks to our generous donors made up of alumni, trade organizations, and industry partners. In 2020-2021, the SoP along with the Packaging Alumni Association (PAA) was able to award over $130,000 in scholarships to deserving students.
This application is kept on file for the entire academic year. Scholarships are based on many factors including: academic scholarship, community involvement, merit and financial need, so all students are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for the 2021-2022 Scholarship Application is September 13th, 2021 by 11:59pm. Please follow submission instructions on the application. NO LATE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You will be asked to provide dollar amounts of financial aid.
- You must submit at least one document (Essay described below) as a separate file.
- You must submit your most recent CV or resume as a separate file.
- Incoming students will require to submit transcripts from previous institutions or high schools.
Submit a 600-700 word essay (PDF FORMAT) about yourself with your name in the top right corner.
- Title Essay: (LastName_FirstName_Year.pdf) for an example (Spartan_Sparty_GR.pdf) Freshmen: FR, Sophomore: SO, Junior: JR, Senior: SR, Graduate Student: GR
- Topic: Both prompts must be answered. Previous essays can not submitted!
- Prompt One: What Skills will be critical to packaging professionals in the future.
- Prompt Two: Among the main packaging functions (containment, protection, communication and convenience), which function is most important to you and why?
- Sources: Must include 3-5 sources which can include secondary research, discussions with recognized senior level packaging professionals, academic articles, reports, interviews, newspaper articles, news websites, books, etc.
- Please note: If the file is not submitted correctly, you will not be eligible for scholarship consideration
Resume or CV Submission:
Submit your most recent CV or resume (PDF FORMAT)
- Title Resume/CV: (LastName_FirstName_resume.pdf) for an example (Spartan_Sparty_resume.pdf)
Published on June 4, 2020
The recipients of the 2019-2020 School of Packaging scholarships.