Andrey Guber, Ph.D.
Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
Assistant Professor - Soil physics, soil hydrology and modeling water flow, solute and microbial transport in soils.
1066 Bogue St., Room A 584
East Lansing, MI 48824
Area of Expertise:
Soil science with the emphasis on soil physics, soil hydrology and modeling water flow, solute and microbial transport in soils.
Ph.D. M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University 1994
- Andrey Guber's publications on Google Scholar.
Current Research Interests:
Role of pore heterogeneity in soil carbon and nitrogen fluxes at microscale.
- Guber, A.K, E. Blagodatskaya, A. Juyak, B.S. Rasavi, Y. Kuzyakov, and A.N. Kravchenko. 2021. Time-lapse approach to correct deficiencies of 2D soil zymography. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 157, 108225.
- Kravchenko, A.N., H. Zheng, Y. Kuzyakov, G.P. Robertson, A.K. Guber. 2021. Belowground interplant carbon transfer promotes soil carbon gains in diverse plant communities. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 159, 1082.
- Guber, A., T. Kutlu, M. Rivers, A. Kravchenko. 2020. Mass-balance approach to quantify water distribution in soils based on X-ray computed tomography images. European Journal of Soil Science.
- Kravchenko, A., A. Guber, A. Gunina, M. Dippold, Ya, Kuzyakov. 2020. Pore-scale view of microbial turnover: Combining 14C imaging, mCT and zymography after adding soluble carbon to soil pores of specific sizes. European Journal of Soil Science.
- Zheng, H., Kim, K., Kravchenko, A., Rivers, M., Guber, A. 2020. Testing Os staining approach for visualizing soil organic matter patterns in intact samples via X-ray dual-Energy tomography scanning. Environmental Science & Technology 2020 54 (14), 8980-8989.
- Kravchenko, A.N.. A.K. Guber, B. S. Rasavi, J. Koestel, M.Y. Quigley, G. P. Robertson, and Y. Kuzyakov. 2019. Microbial spatial footprint as a driver of soil carbon stabilization. Nature Communications.
- Kravchenko, A.N., A.K. Guber, B.S.Razavi, J.Koestel, E.V. Blagodatskaya, Y.Kuzyakov. 2019. Spatial patterns of extracellular enzymes: combining X-ray computed micro-tomography and 2D zymography. Soil Biol. Biochem., 135: 411-419.
- Guber A., Kravchenko A., Razavi B., Uteau D., Peth S., Blagodatskaya E., Kuzyakov Y. 2018. Quantitative soil zymography: Mechanisms, processes of substrate and enzyme diffusion in porous media. Soil Biol. Biochem., 127: 156-167.