Holly Tiret has over 35 years’ experience working with children and families. She has been a Family and Consumer Sciences Educator with Michigan State University Extension for the past 19 years. Her focus is on helping families and children become socially and emotionally healthy so they can lead satisfying and productive lives. She works to make connections with medical professionals, human health scientists and MSU Extension. She is located in Western Michigan. She has a BA in Child Development from San Francisco State University and an MA in Education from Central Michigan University. Holly has been teaching and practicing mindfulness for the past 7 years.
List of classes:
- RELAX: Alternatives to Anger Series and RELAX for Parents & Caregivers Workshop
- Stress Less with Mindfulness Series and Stress Less for Parents & Caregivers Workshop
- MSU Extension Mindfulness for Better Living Workshops
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers Series (for any adult taking care of a loved one or a parent taking care of a special needs child)
- WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education)
- Incredible Years Teacher Classroom Management Series
Holly was trained in mindfulness by Jane Riffe and Becky Smith from West Virginia Extension. Holly has taken Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction through the Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness and attended a two-day workshop on Mindful Self Compassion with authors Kristen Neff and Christopher Germer. Holly and her work team at MSU Extension are mentored by Dr. Roxane Chan, a holistic nurse, mindfulness teacher and expert.
Depression is not a normal part of aging
Published on July 27, 2023
The benefits art therapy can have on mental and physical health
Published on June 8, 2023
Social connections: How much is enough?
Published on April 11, 2023
Active listening and empathy for human connection
Published on February 13, 2023
Make a plan to deal with chronic pain
Published on November 18, 2022
Managing your health by managing your medications
Published on November 7, 2022
Positive emotions and behaviors are contagious
Published on August 9, 2022
What is friendship?
Published on June 21, 2022
Dealing with burnout
Published on April 4, 2022