Raker-Roberta’s Young Plants
Presenting the 2018 Raker-Roberta’s Trial Gardens (RRTG18) - over 7 acres and 100,000 unique plants dedicated to the horticulture industry. RRTG18 is open to all plant lovers.
Visitors to RRTG18 will experience daily greenhouse tours (10:30 am & 1:30 pm) and lunch (12:00 pm). Every visitor will also receive iced cold refreshments, a complimentary RRTG18 Trial Book, and access to the most comprehensive plant trial database (trialgardens.raker.com)
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm. Weekend visits by appointment. Trials are open from July 18 to August 24, 2018.
Expanded Perennial Showcase
New for 2018: Landscaped perennial beds showcasing the latest and greatest offerings from our Breeder sponsors.
We consider every day an event at RRTG18! In addition to daily activities, RRTG18 routinely hosts broker and field events that are open to everyone.
Make the Connection! Right before the Michigan Garden Plant Tour, the RRTG18 hosts a two-day event. Please join us July 26-27, 2018, for great food, music, and activities.
RRTG18 will trial over 1,000 varieties in side-by-side row and hanging basket comparisons.
- ROW - 600 raised rows containing annuals and perennials
- HANGING BASKET - 250 hanging baskets (14") of trailing plants
RRTG18 offers an array of displays sponsored by the best horticultural breeders:
- SPONSOR BED - 12 raised beds of new and unique varieties
- SPONSOR ROWS - 300 sun rows of new introductions and top breeder picks
- HANGING BASKET - 100 hanging baskets (14") of new introductions and top breeder picks
- LARGE CONTAINER - 265 large containers (20") in sun and shade
- ALL-AMERICAN SELECTIONS (AAS) TRIAL & DISPLAY - New seed and vegetative annual testing
- LANDSCAPE DISPLAYS - Throughout the Gardens, real-world applications of favorite RRTG plants
The Munro House Bed & Breakfast
202 Maumee Street
Jonesville, MI 49250
Holiday Inn Express
2696 Bob McClain Drive
Jackson, MI 49202
391 N. Willowbrook Road
Coldwater, MI 49036
Location and Contact Information
Hours of Operation: 9 AM: 4:30 PM