- Ph.D. (1992) - Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering and Management), Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- M.S. (1986) - Architectural Engineering (Construction Engineering and Management) University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS.
- M.S. (1982) - Building Engineering and Management School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, India.
- B.S. (1979) - Civil Engineering, University of Delhi, India.
- CPC - Certified professional Constructor.
- LEED® AP (Accredited Professional).
- CGP - Certified Green Professional.
Research and Teaching Interest Areas
- Construction Project Management.
- Sustainable/Green Construction.
- International aspects related to above areas.
Key Leadership Roles
- Co-Chair, Task Force for the creation of the School of Planning, Design & Construction (2001-2004).
- Coordinated the creation of Al Scott Endowment for the Housing Education and Research Initiative - HERI (2015-present).
- Hosted and laid the initial groundwork with Scott Witter and Joe Maguire for the Riguardi Fellowship at SPDC (2015-16).
Michigan State University (1994 - present)
- Professor (2001 - present)
- Director of Ph.D. Programs (2012 - present)
- Professor and Graduate Program Director (2001-08), Assoc. Prof. (1994-2001)
- Construction Management, School of Planning, Design and Construction
- Adjunct Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Director (1995-98), Research Director (1998-present)
- Housing Education and Research Center / Initiative
- Member of the Dean’s Group and Director, Housing and Infrastructure Initiative (2001-03)
- Fulbright Senior Specialist, India (Feb.-Mar. 2012)
- Fulbright Program, U.S. Dept. of State, New Delhi, India
- “Center for Advance Studies” (CAS) Visiting Chair, (2010-11)
- Lady Irwin College, University of Delhi, India
- Visiting Scholar - Sabbatical in Residence (Aug. - Dec. 2010)
- U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Washington DC and MI
- Fulbright Senior Research Scholar, India and Nepal (2000-01)
- Fulbright Program, U.S. Dept. of State, New Delhi, India and Kathmandu, Nepal
Colorado State University (1992-95)
- Assistant Professor
- Construction Management and Civil Engineering
- Director, Housing Research Center
The Pennsylvania State University (1988-1992)
- Assistant Director, Housing Research Center, Civil Engineering and Architectural Engineering
- Eastern Contractors, Inc., Framingham, Massachusetts (1986 - 1988)
- Project Manager and Senior Estimator
- International construction companies in India, Middle East, and Northern Africa (1979 - 1984)
- Project Planning Engineer
- Several consulting and advisory assignments (1995 - present). Major examples include:
- Contractors, Construction Management Firms and Developers in MI, MA and CO. (joint venture, bidding, CM services, computer-integrated CM, growth management, quality management, and productivity)
- Two Wall Street financial investment firms (investment decisions in construction-related firms)
- Industry, Government and Academic Organizations in India, Nepal, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Cyprus, U.K., Malaysia, U.A.E., Pakistan, Egypt, Qatar, Iraq, Sudan, Nigeria, and Canada.