March 11, 2016
- Height: 40’ – 100’
- Spread: 40’
- Site characteristics: Fine to medium textured soils, tolerates drought, full sun
- Zone: 4b - 9a
- Wet/dry: Tolerates wet and dry sites
- Native range: Salt: High tolerance
- pH: 5.0 - 8.2
- Shape: Open, spreading
- Other: Yellow fall color
- Cultivars: ‘Halka’ - essentially fruitless, Zone 4a. ‘Shademaster’ - high, vase-shaped canopy, essentially fruitless, Zone 3b. ‘Skyline’ - upright, pyramidal, strong central leader, good fall color, Zone 3b. ‘Sunbust’ - yellow foliage at the tips of branches.
- Additional: Transplants easily in spring
- Pests: Over planting has encouraged severe insect problems in many areas, including honeylocust plant bug, spider mite, borer and webworm.
Print a PDF of this page: Honeylocust