Michigan 4-H Fundraiser Flyer ChecklistDOWNLOAD
January 30, 2018
Your 4-H group has decided to raise money. Follow this checklist to ensure your flyer, promotion and marketing meet Michigan 4-H guidelines.
Be certain to submit to your 4-H program coordinator:
- Fundraiser application (at least 10 business days prior)
- Fundraiser report (within 10 business days of completion)
Your fundraiser flyer must include:
- Your 4-H club or group name
- What type of fundraiser you are holding (car wash, bake sale, etc.)
- Where it will take place (include complete address)
- When it will happen (dates and times)
- How will the funds be used; why are you raising money (be as specific as possible, including funds raised beyond the proposed budget)?
- Will the club be using the PROFITS or PROCEEDS of the fundraiser for advertised purpose?
- 4-H Clover logo
- MSU Extension logo
- MSU Extension indicia (see wording below)
- Does your fundraiser require payment of sales tax? If yes, is sales tax included in the price (e.g., food booth) or is there a fundraising vendor (e.g., candle company) responsible for paying it?
- Contact information (be cautious of listing contact information publically, especially for youth)
Find more information about 4-H financial procedures, see Financial Manual for 4-H Treasurers.
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer, committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. Michigan State University Extension programs and materials are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or veteran status. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodations.