Preschool Activity Pages: Spell My NameDOWNLOAD FILE
March 23, 2021
Preschool Activity Pages
Spell My Name
- Paper or paper plates (one for each letter of name)
- Marker or crayon
- Large baggie for storage
- Stickers and/or glitter (optional)
Area of School Readiness
Language and Literacy: According to the Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center, language and literacy involves the communication skills that children need to engage with other people and to learn. This includes receptive language or being able to listen and understand, expressive language, being able to communicate and skill for emerging literacy or being able to read and write.
Purpose of the Activity
Print and Alphabet Knowledge: Your child will practice identifying letters and practice using letter sounds to sound out their name.
- Gather supplies
- Draw one letter of your child’s name on each plate (a large block style outline of each of the letters)
- Have children color in each letter (encourage them to fill in all the spaces, add stickers or glitter if desired).
- Hold up each letter and ask them to identify the letter.
- Help your child arrange the letters in their name in the correct order.
- Encourage your child to try to put the letters in the correct order.
- Store in a large baggie to play again.