SAC Meeting Minutes September 2018
September 5, 2018
Staff Advisory Committee
September 5, 2018
Room 156 Packaging Bldg.
Attended: Sharon Reasoner, Bridget Becker, Sarah Carroll, Janet Fierro, Colin Phillippo, Kathryn Reed, Kevin Turner and Kris Hynes
- Dean Hendrick – topics discussed - Interested in hearing more on your diversity and inclusion efforts and the plans for staff? The leadership team have been sent to training, but what are the plans for implementing this information down? Diversity advisory committee- goals/objective. Goals for annual “All Staff” meeting. IT centralization and impact on CANR. Dean’s goals for the year. Dean’s newsletter (SAC Staffer of the month announcement to CANR). Civility Code of Conduct (being worked on for CANR?). Follow up from the CANR Public Forums you held in February
- Committee Continuation – agreed the committee should continue
- Elect new Officers: Nominations submitted, and election will be sent out in the next day or two. Chair – open (year 1 of 2) (contact Richie Chester with info for CAC meetings 2 & 4 Friday of month). Vice Chair – open (year 1 of 2). Assist. Vice Chair – open (year 1 of 2). Secretary – open (year 1 of 2)
- Monthly Staffer – September – Sheila Linderman Plant, Soil, and Microbial Sciences.
- New Chair needs to contact Richie Chester to get on CAC meeting email
- Other business – request to change our meeting time. New time 11-1 first Wednesday also new location 33NR.
- Review Survey from 2016 S:\SAC\Staff Survey
- Review DEI election
- Prepare memo to Dean about Spring Celebration concerns
- Work, Life Balance Office possible survey
- Volunteer opportunity for 2019 Ag Exploration Day – need more info
- Add pictures from the farm tour to website
Regular monthly meetings will be relocated to Packaging Room 156 on the 1st Wednesday of each month ending in May 2019 from 3:00 – 5:00. ZOOM will be available, but we encourage you to attend in person if possible.