Traverse City Area Substance Use Disorder Treatment Resource Guide
April 14, 2021
Medical Treatment Providers:
- Northern Michigan Regional Entity (NMRE)
800-834-3393 - nmre.org
The NMRE is the Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan that manages the behavioral health (mental health, intellectual disability, and substance abuse) services for individuals enrolled in Medicaid for the 21 counties in Michigan's Northern Lower Peninsula.
- NMRE Provider Directory
NMRE Provider Network Directory lists current contracted organizations that deliver behavioral health services- (community mental health, in-patient and out-patient SUD treatment, SUD treatment services).
- Bear River Health
231-535-2822 - bearriverhealth.com
Northern Michigan center for drug and alcohol detoxification and addiction treatment services. Residential and outpatient services.
- Catholic Human Services (CHS)
989-732-6761 - catholichumanservices.org
CHS is based administratively in Traverse City, MI, with regional offices in Alpena, Gaylord, and Cadillac. Provides substance use disorder and community behavioral health services.
Inpatient Treatment Provider:
- Addiction Treatment Services- Traverse City
800-834-3393 - addictiontreatmentservices.org
Addiction Treatment Services a drug and alcohol treatment center. Residential and outpatient services. Addiction Treatment Services offers a full array of recovery services including detox, residential, outpatient, and recovery housing.
- Harbor Hall
888-880-5511 - harborhall.com
Harbor Hall offers a full array of recovery services including detox, residential, outpatient, and recovery housing.
Behavioral Health/ Outpatient Treatment:
- North Country Community Mental Health – Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, Kalkaska, and Otsego Counties
877-470-7130 - norcocmh.org
24-hour Crisis Line: 877-470-4668
- Northern Lakes Community Mental Health – Crawford, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Missaukee, Roscommon, and Wexford Counties
231- 922-4850 - northernlakescmh.org
24-hour Crisis Line: 833-295-0616
- Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority- Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, Presque Isle counties
989-356-2161 - nemcmh.org
24-hour Crisis Line: 800-968-1964
- Families Against Narcotics (FAN) Grand Traverse
Grand Traverse FAN holds support meetings on the 1st Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM at Central United Methodist Church 222 N. Cass St. Traverse City, MI 49684. All are welcome to attend.
- Additional Narcotics Anonymous meeting sites and times can be found online at michigan-na.org/meetings
- Drug Free Northern Michigan
21 Northern Michigan county coalition whose mission is to increase public awareness of the risks and potential harm associated with misuse of substances. Also provides Naloxone.
- MSU Extension Michigan Substance Use, Prevention, Education and Recovery (MiSUPER)
The overall goal of the MiSUPER project is to increase awareness of opioid misuse in rural communities regarding prevention, addiction treatment options, and recovery support so that community members and healthcare professionals can recognize signs of misuse, suggest options for professional treatments and support those in recovery.
Naloxone (Narcan) and Syringe Exchange:
- Harm Reduction Michigan
231-486-5441 - harmreductionmi.org
Harm Reduction Michigan provides free harm reduction-based services including Narcan training and syringe exchange programs.
- Health Department of Northwest Michigan
800-432-4121 - nwhealth.org/index.html
The Mancelona Health Department of Northwest Michigan location provides syringe exchange program.
- Naloxone for All: Michigan
NEXT Naloxone is an online and mail-based opioid overdose response training platform that facilitates access to naloxone through the mail.
- MDHHS Map: Pharmacies Approved to Dispense Naloxone
Map of pharmacies approved to dispense naloxone.
- MDHHS Syringe Service Program Locator
Map of syringe service programs in Michigan.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
Individuals can enter their zip code and be connected to local resources confidently and anonymously.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Individuals can dial this helpline 24/7/365 to be connected to treatment resources, support groups, and community-based organizations in their area.
- MDHHS- Get Help Now- Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
Access behavioral health resources by county.
- Michigan Opioid Collaborative (MOC)
This program can help providers determine if a particular patient is a good candidate for office-based MAT care and give guidance and recommendations on the patient monitoring required to ensure safe medication use.
- Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network (OPEN)
Michigan OPEN develops evidence-based practices for postoperative and acute care opioid prescribing.