Upper Peninsula Area Substance Use Disorder Treatment Resource Guide
April 14, 2021
Behavioral Health/ Medical Treatment Providers:
- Dial Help Community Support and Outreach Center
24-hour access line- 800-562-7622 - dialhelp.org
Dial Help is a community support and outreach center that provides an array of substance use disorder and behavioral health services at no or low cost.
- NorthCare Network
888-333-8030 - northcarenetwork.org
NorthCare Network ensures that every eligible recipient receives quality specialty mental health and substance use disorder services and supports through the responsible management of regional resources.
- NorthCare Network Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Service Directory
NorthCare Network service provider directory lists currently contracted organizations that deliver mental health and substance use disorder services.
- Great Lakes Recovery Centers (GLRC)
906-228-9696 - greatlakesrecovery.org
GLRC provides substance abuse and mental health treatment for youth, families, and adults. GLRC offers a full array of recovery services including detox, residential, outpatient, and recovery housing.
- Pathways Community Mental Health – Alger, Delta, Luce, and Marquette
888-906-9060 - pathwaysup.org
24-hour crisis access- 888-728-4929
Pathways provide an array of support services to individuals and families.
- Families Against Narcotics (FAN) Chippewa
Chippewa FAN holds support meetings on the third Wednesday of every month at 6PM at Avery Square 2nd Floor Conference Room 510 Ashmun St. Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783. All are welcome to attend.
- Additional U.P. Narcotics Anonymous meeting sites and times can be found online at na.org/meetingsearch
- UP Coalition Network
The UP Coalition Network is an alliance of representatives from different sectors, organizations, and constituencies that make up 13 U.P. coalitions with a common purpose of reducing substance abuse among the youth and adults across the U.P. Services provided: prevention resources, Naloxone/Narcan.
- MSU Extension Michigan Substance Use, Prevention, Education and Recovery (MiSUPER)
The overall goal of the MiSUPER project is to increase awareness of opioid misuse in rural communities regarding prevention, addiction treatment options, and recovery support so that community members and healthcare professionals can recognize signs of misuse, suggest options for professional treatments, and support those in recovery.
Naloxone (Narcan)/ Syringe Exchange:
- Marquette County Health Department- New Points
906-315-2630 - co.marquette.mi.us
New Points provides a safe place to exchange syringes and Naloxone.
- West Upper Penisula Health Department- Houghton
906-482-7382 x103 - wupdhd.org
West Upper Penisula Health Departments Syringe Service Program (SSP) provides a safe place to exchange syringes and Naloxone.
- Naloxone for All: Michigan
NEXT Naloxone is an online and mail-based opioid overdose response training platform that facilitates access to naloxone through the mail.
- MDHHS Map: Pharmacies Approved to Dispense Naloxone
Map of pharmacies approved to dispense naloxone.
- MDHHS Syringe Service Program Locator
Map of syringe service programs in Michigan.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
Individuals can enter their zip code and be connected to local resources confidently and anonymously.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Individuals can dial this helpline 24/7/365 to be connected to treatment resources, support groups, and community-based organizations in their area.
- MDHHS- Get Help Now- Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
Access behavioral health resources by county.
- Michigan Opioid Collaborative (MOC)
This program can help providers determine if a particular patient is a good candidate for office-based MAT care and give guidance and recommendations on the patient monitoring required to ensure safe medication use.
- Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network (OPEN)
Michigan OPEN develops evidence-based practices for postoperative and acute care opioid prescribing.