“When Sophie Gets Angry” Family Book SheetDOWNLOAD FILE
September 23, 2019 - Author: Michigan State University Extension
- Show the children the front of the book. Ask them to guess what the book is about.
- Ask them what color the girl’s eyes are.
- Ask them to describe how the girl feels.
Stop at any time if there is something you or the children would like to talk about.
Ask them questions so that they can connect what is happening in the book to things they already know about. Try some of these ideas: What makes you angry?. What do you do when you feel angry? , How do you feel better when you get angry?
Spend some time talking about the story. Ask the children things like:
- Why did Sophie get angry?
- What did Sophie do when she got angry?
- What did Sophie do to make herself feel better?
- What was Sophie’s family doing when she came back to the house?
Read this book several times to the children. Hearing the same story again and again helps them learn new words and understand the ideas they hear better. Each day, pick a different activity to do with the children after reading “When Sophie Gets Angry”.