True collaboration among partner agencies is essential. This leads to seamless transition services and sustainability through braided funding streams. True collaboration requires a willingness among partner organizations to share resources and adapt policies and procedures.
Michigan State University provides an on-site classroom and a variety of internships that teach core skills related to that business or organization.
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources: Hosting College
- Benjamin Darling: Business Liaison
Ingham Intermediate School District provides an instructor, employability skills curriculum and student interns from their affiliated schools.
- Brooke Locher – Classroom Instructor
- Alana Anderson - Transition Coordinator
- Michael Zivsak - Social Worker
- ________ - Director of Transition Services
- Sarah Winslow - Statewide Director, Project SEARCH
Bureau of Services for Blind and Michigan Rehabilitation Services provides individual career guidance, job coaching and other supports for each intern to gain competitive employment.
- Justine Bond – Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (MRS)
- Rosemarie Van Ham – Rehabilitation Counselor (BSBP)
Peckham provides skills trainers for on-the-job training and job development for interns at the host business and in their initial job.
- Brooke Lippert – Skills Trainer Coordinator
Community Mental Health provides long term retention and support for eligible interns once they secure a position after Project SEARCH.
- Scott Belanger – Coordinator