Countywide Project & Education Kits
Countywide Project Workshops & Exploration Kits! are a great way for 4-H Members to learn projects that might not be offered in their selected 4-H Club. Countywide Projects and 4-H Exploration Kits! are funded by the endowment gift provided by the Berrien County 4-H Foundation, Inc.
Pre-registration is required. Register online following the below steps:
- Log in or create a 4-H Online Account at: https://v2.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in
- Select the youth you would like to register
- Select "Events" on the left hand side
- Confirmation email will be sent that includes all information and kit delivery information.
It's that easy! You do have to have an active profile to register!
Upcoming Countywide Projects & 4-H Exploration Kits!:
4-H Exploration Kit: Fun with Recyclable Arts & Crafts
Youth will learn engage in recyclable arts & craft projects. Activities included are: 1. Recyclable T-Shirt Tote Bag: Transform your own t-shirt into a tote to go! 2. Straw Art - create your own picture with straws! 3. Plastic Egg Wreath - Design your very own wreath with plastic eggs, basket grass and more! Deadline to register is April 5, 2021.
4-H Exploration Kit: Birdseed Ornaments
In this activity kit club member’s will take part in making their very own birdseed ornaments. Birdseed ornaments can be than hung outside throughout your backyard. Deadline to register is April 5, 2021.
- 4-H Countywide Project: Backyard Birdhouse
Join us in the May countywide project called Backyard Birdhouse! Youth will be able to put together their very own bird bungalow and have the ability to personalize it with paint after! A supply kit along with a volunteer led virtual instructional workshop will be available.
- Date: Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. EST
- Who: 4-H Cloverbuds or Berrien County youth ages 5 - 7 years old as of January 1, 2021.
- Cost: Free
- Location tentatively via Zoom: Zoom link information will be emailed upon registration
- Deadline to register is April 22, 2021. Limit of 25 youth, on a first come, first serve basis.
4-H Exploration Kit: No Machine Required, Back to the Basics
In this club activity kit youth will focus on the clothing and textile project. Youth will engage in making a no sew scarf, and learn basic hand-sewing skills while making a project. No sewing machine required. For youth ages 5—19 years. 4-H Cloverbuds may need adult assistance. Deadline to register is May 5, 2021.
4-H Exploration Kit: Treat Your Horse
Have you ever wondered what goes into a horse treat? Well look no further. In this club activity kit, youth will engage in making their very own horse treats. Three different treat recipes will be provided. Deadline to register is May 5, 2021.
4-H Exploration Kit: Passport to Food Adventure
Each kit contains passport recipe cards, boarding pass with access to a video lesson, travel brochure with fun facts about the county and culture, language luggage tags to learn to speak the language of the country we are visiting, a packing list of all ingredients needed, and more! Each kit contains 2—3 countries to visit! Deadline to register is May 5, 2021.
- 4-H Countywide Project: Barn Quilt Trails 101
Youth will learn about the history of Barn Quilts in this self-paced at home educational kit. Kit includes supplies to make their very own barn quilt.
- Date: June 13, 2021 from 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST
- Location/Venue: TBD
- Cost: FREE
- Who: Free Who: Open to Berrien County Youth ages 5 - 19 years as of January 1. Cloverbud's (ages 5 - 7) will need adult assistance.
- Deadline to register is June 5, 2021. Limit of 25 youth, on a first come, first serve basis.
Past 4-H Exploration Kits & Countywide Project Resources & Instructional Videos:
- September 10 - Drawing - One Point Prospective Drawing
- September 16 - Drawing - Pastel Drawing
- July 27 - Rope Halter Kit
- Kit Instructions
For questions or assistance registering, please contact the Berrien County MSU Extension Office at 269-927-5674 or email Kelly Stelter, 4-H Program Coordinator at email@example.com.