All Information provided below can be printed and sent to Berrien County 4-H Leaders upon request. Requests can be made to the Berrien County MSU Extension Office at 269-927-5674.
New Member Packet
- Welcome to Berrien County 4-H New Member Packet
Virtual Platforms Resources
Resources for use for virtual club meetings.
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Keeping Kids Safe: Preventing Grooming by Child Sexual Predators
- Keeping Kids Safe: How Child Sexual Predators Groom Adults, Families, and Communities
- Keeping Kids Sage: How Child Sexual Predators Groom Children
- Keeping Kids Safe: Ages 12-17
- Keeping Kids Safe: Ages 6-11
- Keeping Kids Safe: Ages 0-5
- Keeping Kids SAFE: The downside to "sharenting" on social media
- Keeping Kids Safe Virtually: Best Practices
Annual Financial Reports
Annual Financial Report Forms are due for Berrien County 4-H Clubs no later than November 1 of each year. Annual Financial Reports forms consist of:
Michigan 4-H Financial Management Resources
Resources on information related to 4-H Club Financial Management.
- Sales Tax Exempt Letter
- Financial Guide for 4-H Treasurers (youth guide new 2016)
- Financial Guide for 4-H Volunteers (volunteer guide new 2016)
- Fundraising Forms:
Overnight and Transportation Policy
Resources and policies for transporting youth and overnight stays.
- Overnight Housing Policy
- 4-H Event Chaperone Responsibilities
- Overnight Housing and Transportation Event/Activity Form
- 18 & Over Criminal History Background Check Form
- Needs to be submitted to the Berrien County MSU Extension Office at least 10 days prior to the overnight event.
- Form needs to be submitted for youth that are between the age of 18 - 19 years that are staying overnight.
MSU Extension Guidelines for Social Media
Policies and forms related 4-H Clubs having a Social Media account. Social Media is defined as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Social Media Guidelines Form
- Form must be submitted to the Berrien County MSU Extension Office for approval. Once approved an account can be created. Groups must allow Berrien County MSU Staff to have access to all groups regardless if the status is private or public.
Injury and Property damage needs to be reported to the Berrien County MSU Extension office as soon as possible for 4-H related events/activities. Report forms need to be filled out in partnership with the local 4-H Program Coordinator.