Need help now?
People often don’t get the help they need simply because they don’t know where to begin. If you are dealing with thoughts of depression or anxiety talk to your primary care physician and ask about available mental health services. If you don’t have a doctor, here are some resources you can use and services you can reach out to.
911 for an Emergency
If the situation is potentially life-threatening, get immediate emergency assistance by dialing 9-1-1.
Farm Stress Teletherapy Program
MSU Extension has partnered with Pine Rest Mental Health Services to connect farmers experiencing stress to teletherapy options with therapists and counselors who understand agriculture and farm life. Find out more today.
Suicide Prevention Resources
- Call or text the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at “988”
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 988 then press 1 (website also has a chat option)
- Learn the facts: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – About Suicide
If you are experiencing symptoms of depression or have suicidal thoughts, reach out for help:
- Call a suicide prevention hotline:
- Michigan 211
- Michigan 2-1-1 is an easy way to connect with help of all kinds, right in your community. Need help with food, housing, or paying bills? Need support in a family crisis or community disaster? We’re here for you. Any time. All the time. Just call, text, or search online and we’ll get you connected.
- Man Therapy
- Man Therapy is a free, online wellness resource for men and their loved ones to go and access all things related to men's mental health and well-being.
- Reach out to a loved one – talk about how you are feeling
- Talk to your friends, trusted confidant, or medical provider
Field Crops Educator
Farm Business Management Educator - Northern Michigan
MSU Extension Educator
Remington Rice, PhD
Health & Farm Stress Educator
MSU Extension Specialist
Improving Nutrition and Physical Activity
Swine Management Educator
Social emotional health and wellbeing across the life span