Join 4-H - Ages 5 - 19
Member (Ages 8-19) /Cloverbud (Ages 5-7) Enrollment Information
Potential New 4-H Families: listed below is more information regarding 4-H , please read this information before enrolling in 4-H.
Potential 4-H Family Letter
Potential 4-H Family Recruitment Flyer
4-H Information Flyer
Potential 4-H Family Interest Finder Form
4-H Family 4HOnline Enrollment Guide
To enroll in Montcalm County 4-H:
Please go to the new 4HOnline website at: http://v2.4honline.com using either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for you web browser, as Internet Explorer is not compatible. For step-by-step/instructions on how to use 4HOnline, Open the 4HOnline Family Guide (for new 4-H family enrollments). Once 4-H members/cloverbuds are enrolled on 4HOnline, please fill out the 4-H Family Participation Fee Worksheet below. Give worksheet to your Club 4-H Administrative Leader along with your $20 participation fee ($60 max for families of 4 or more) before: December 1, 2020 (for re-enrolling 4-H'ers) or by April 1, 2021 (for new 4-H'ers). Participation Fee checks are made payable to: Michigan State University (MSU). Scholarships are available to help pay 4-H participation fees. If a scholarship is needed, please contact the MSU Extension office at (989) 831-7500 to find out the process. ***NOTE: The 4-H Participation Fees are being waived for all youth for the 2020-2021 enrollment year. ***
New and Re-enrolling 4-H Family Participation Fee Form
4-H Project Area Listing with Descriptions
Any youth aged 18, 19 or 20 at the time of a 4-H event who are planning to attend as a participant must fill out the Background Check Form. At least one reference check and a criminal history check will be conducted in accordance with the Michigan 4-H Youth Programs Youth-Adult Housing Policy for 4-H Overnight Events.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Tarin Minkel, 4-H Program Coordinator, at the Montcalm MSU Extension office at (989) 831-7514.
What can I expect from 4-H Youth Development Programming?
- Young people living out their dreams with the support of caring adults.
- Families gathering together for fun, hands-on learning and community service.
- Making great friends and building a community.
- Exploration of interests with like-minded people.
- Experiment activities that build life skills and career exploration.
- Developing leadership and confidence in both adults and youth.
- Opportunities to evaluate youth's work.
- Learning you can make a difference in your community, or even your state
- Exposure to diverse ideas and age-appropriate resources.
- Giving youth an opportunity to grow into their unique personalities.
Additional benefits of 4-H membership:
- Montcalm County 4-H e-Newsletter
- Invitations to 4-H-only events
- Discounted pricing on workshops provided by Michigan 4-H
- Scholarship and recognition opportunities
Contact the Montcalm 4-H program coordinator to get more information about clubs and programs near you.Please answer the following questions to speed up the process:
What is your name and contact information? Please provide your phone number and mailing address so we can send you an information packet.
- What type of project(s) is your family interested in pursuing through 4-H?
There are many projects that youth can participate in through the 4-H program.
If you don't see what you're looking for here, please 4-H staff about starting a new club!
What types of projects are available in Montcalm County?
The options in bold have existing clubs or programs in our county. Other projects have statewide programs for youth and we're always looking for new volunteers to share their talents with youth in other areas? If you see a project area you would be interested in leading, please contact us to get started today!
- Alpacas & Llamas
- Horse, Pony & Horseless
- Rabbits & Guinea Pigs
- Beef, Sheep & Swine
- Poultry & Embryology
- Veterinary Science
Environmental & Outdoor Education
- Shooting Sports
- Outdoor Adventure Challenge
- Wildlife & Fisheries
- Clothing & Textiles
- Arts & Crafts
- Global Exchange Program
- Teen Leadership
- Food & Nutrition
- Health & Fitness
- Career Exploration
- Citizenship & Service Learning
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Financial Literacy
Science, Technology & Engineering
- Garden Science
- Mechanical Science
- Digital Technology
FAQ: Montcalm County 4-H Frequent Asked Questions
Is it too late to sign up for 4-H this year?
- Some 4-H clubs close membership to new members after a certain date due to their educational plans and calendars. However, Montcalm County 4-H has open enrollment to new 4-H members all year. It is important to note that there may deadlines for events that are operated independently from Kent County 4-H clubs (state 4-H shows/programs, fairs, etc.).
How do I enroll in 4-H?
- If you are not a member of a 4-H club, please contact a 4-H program coordinator for instructions and 4-H clubs with openings for new members.
- If you are already a member of a 4-H club or when you make contact with a club accepting members, you can complete your enrollment online.
- Once you are established in a 4-H club, your 4-H leader will provide annual instructions for enrollment and you will receive reminders via 4-H newsletters.
Where can I find a list of 4-H clubs that are offered in Montcalm County?
- We try to keep the list of clubs as up to date as possible, but if you do not see a club in your area that offers your desired project area, we recommend you contact the 4-H program coordinator to see if there might be a newer club that has not been added yet.
What is the cost for 4-H?
- ***NOTE: The 4-H Participation Fees are being waived for all youth for the 2020-2021 enrollment year. ***
- The annual participation fee per youth is $20 or a maximum $60 per immediate family.
- We are unable to process online payments - participation fees are payable by check (made payable to: MSU) or cash to our office.
- Youth can join more than one club - the participation fee is only an annual payment to participate in 4-H programming.
- Some 4-H projects have additional costs for supplies, equipment, travel, etc. Ask your 4-H leader about costs associated with your 4-H club or project. 4-H clubs can fund-raise to offset costs for club activities or supplies, one of the benefits of 501(c)3 organization status. All fundraisers must be approved by 4-H staff.
What are the ages for the Michigan 4-H program?
- “4-H age” will be determined by a young person’s age as of January 1.
- Michigan 4-H Youth Development programs are open to young people aged 5 through 19.
Montcalm County 4-H
For forms, resources and information specific to Montcalm County 4-H, see the links on the top right.
Clubs/4-H Members wanting to obtain Insurance for your 4-H Club please go to the American Income Life website.
When trying to locate a 4-H Club in Montcalm County, please refer to the 2017-2018 Montcalm County 4-H Clubs Brochure or contact the Montcalm MSU Extension office for more information.