FCWG Forest Climate Lab: Wildfire + Climate
In this webinar, speakers John Bailey, Mike Zupko, Bill Tripp, and Heidi Huber-Stearns present on Wildfire + Climate.
Wildfire + Climate
The session, titled "Wildfire + Climate", will explore the relationship between climate change and wildfire, examining how climate change is impacting the severity, frequency, and intensity of wildfire; how these changes affect humans; strategies for reducing wildfire risk; and what those strategies look like on the ground. Additionally, the session will evaluate existing policies and identify potential policy opportunities to support wildfire risk reduction.
- John Bailey, Oregon State University
- Mike Zupko, Wildland Fire Leadership Council
- Bill Tripp, Intertribal Timber Council
- Heidi Huber-Stearns, Institute for Resilient Organizations, Communities, and Environment, University of Oregon, University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability
- Danielle Watson, Society of American Foresters