NCI to Launch New Training Curriculum in 2020
The MSU National Charrette Institute is set to debut their new training curriculum in 2020, which will combine the Core and Advanced courses into one, plus add new content.
The MSU National Charrette Institute is announcing the biggest revision to its certificate-based training curriculum since its development more than 12 years ago.
In response to participant feedback over the years, and a changing climate within which we work for positive community transformation, NCI is launching a Beta version of its new Complete Charrette Certificate training. It will combine the Core and Advanced courses into one, plus add new content.
The biggest changes include
- Incorporating management and facilitation skills into the Charrette System training for a one-stop-shop course. This inclusion means that the Charrette Management & Facilitation course will be phased out in 2020. It is anticipated that only one course will be offered in 2020.
- No prerequisites will be required.
- Guest instructors will provide value-add content on how to address issues related to conflict, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Part of the content will be delivered via webinar prior to a 2.5 day in-person training.
The NCI will be Beta testing the new curriculum in January at a special targeted training in Houston, Texas, and plans to officially launch the program April 27-29, 2020, at a public training in Detroit, Mich.
The Complete Charrette Certificate training will be a highly interactive course that blends instruction with case study exercises, and practice techniques and tools. It will provide participants with all the content required to successfully prepare for, manage, facilitate and conduct a charrette.
This course represents a collaborative project management system centered on the co-design process using charrettes and includes:
- Project assessment tools for gauging the length and cost of a charrette using a project budget; political considerations and design difficulty;
- Nuts-and-bolts tools needed for managing a multiple-day charrette;
- An introduction to diversity, equity and inclusion, and ways to make charrette processes more inclusive; and
- Approaches for dealing with conflict.
Learn more at NCI Complete Charrette Certificate Training.