Tickets are available for the August 25 Breakfast on the Farm event in Van Buren County
People wishing to attend the first Breakfast of the Farm event of the year can get tickets on-line or at various locations in southwest Michigan.
Michigan State University Extension and the Hood family are ready to welcome visitors to Hood Farms Family Dairy in Paw Paw Michigan. On Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (breakfast served until noon) this family dairy with be hopping with activity. After arriving to the farm, visitors will first enjoy a hot breakfast before starting out on a self-guided walking tour of the farm.
The tour will showcase how farmers:
- take care of their animals
- protect the environment
- produce safe, wholesome and nutritious food for Michigan residents and beyond!
Visitors will see calves and where cows are milked and housed, farm equipment, feed storage, crops and what it takes to grow them and much more. The tour is a walking tour so visitors are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and to dress for the weather as the event happens rain or shine.
Because of generous support from sponsors, Breakfast of the Farm events are free to attend. Tickets are required to eat breakfast and ticket locations for the Aug. 25 event include:
- Bangor: Bangor Branch Library
- Benton Harbor: MSU Extension
- Bloomingdale: Bloomingdale Branch Library
- Covert: Covert Branch Library
- Decatur: Honor Credit Union; Webster Memorial Library
- Dowagiac: Division Tire
- Drake: Honor Credit Union
- Gobles: Gobles Branch Library
- Lawrence: Lawrence Branch Library; Southwestern Michigan Feed
- Mattawan: Antwerp Sunshine Library; Java Joint Café
- Paw Paw: Biggby Coffee; Farm Bureau Office; Honor Credit Union; MSU Extension; Tractor Supply Company
- Portage: Honor Credit Union; Tractor Supply Company
- Three Rivers: Bullseye Marketplace
- Vandalia: Bullseye Marketplace Custom Butchering
- Venture Park: Honor Credit Union
- Vicksburg: Finks Butcher Shop & Deli
For convenience, on-line tickets are available at this link: https://events.anr.msu.edu/event.cfm?eventID=7AAD93B999E67935
The 2018 statewide Breakfast on the Farm sponsors include: Corn Marketing Program of Michigan & Michigan Corn Growers Association; Dairy Farmers of America, Dairyland Seed Co., Inc.; GreenStone Farm Credit Services; Michigan Farm Bureau; Michigan Farm Bureau Insurance; Michigan Foundation for Agriculture; Michigan Mild Producers Association; Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee; Michigan Wheat Program and the United Dairy Industry of Michigan. This event is also financially supported by generous local businesses and organizations.
For more information, visit www.breakfastonthefarm.com or contact Ashley Kuschel, BOTF program coordinator at (586) 469-7616 or email@example.com or Mary Dunckel, agriculture literacy educator at (989) 354-9875 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you at Hood Farms Family Dairy on Saturday, Aug. 25.