Online Courses: D2L Platform
D2L Online Course Platform
D2L is the learning management system used by Michigan State University for offering online and blended courses. Features include the ability to share video content, tracking of participant progress, quizzes, file submissions, and peer learning through discussion forums. MSU Extension offers approximately 60 online courses to members of our local communities. Participants receive access to one of our online courses by creating an MSU Community ID (they do not need an MSU NetID). We also offer many professional development courses to our staff through D2L.
If you want to explore building an online course site for your program you must submit a request by completing this form: MSU Extension Online Course Site Request Form. A course template will be created for you including MSU Extension branding, a sample announcement, and MSU Discovery Services Help Desk information. You will be contacted by Gwyn Shelle or Alan Pilkenton (CYI courses) for further assistance.
- A Quickstart Guide to Designing a D2L Course
- Designing Online Extension Programs - Self-Paced Course Series - REGISTER
- Designing Online Extension Programs 101: Design & Organization
- Designing Online Extension Programs 201: Instructional Content
- Designing Online Extension Programs 301: Activities & Assessment
- Designing Online Extension Programs 401: Implementation Strategies
- D2L Self-Directed Training (self-paced online course)