MSU Extension plays a vital role in the land-grant mission of Michigan State University. Located in every county in the state, MSU Extension helps people improve their lives by bringing the vast knowledge resources of MSU directly to individuals, communities and businesses. In order to continue to grow and strengthen our programs, we need support from people like you!
MSU Extension giving opportunities exist to help support students, faculty, research, and programs:
- Students – By supporting Michigan 4-H Youth Development programs, donors support potential Spartans. Giving opportunities include:
- College scholarships for 4-H participants or to support youth participation in 4 H programming.
- Scholarships to help people who want to start their own farms attend farm apprenticeship programs.
- College scholarships for those who want to pursue careers in MSU Extension.
- Faculty and Research – Donors could support faculty with MSU Extension appointments who are conducting research and outreach education in any of the areas listed earlier. They could also choose to support MSU Extension educators working in a specific subject area or based in a specific location in the state.
- Programs – All of the focus areas listed earlier offer a variety of programs tailored to different audiences and settings. Support for these programs could help create or sustain an endowed educator position, increase the program’s reach and impact, or fund technical support, tool and equipment purchases, and travel.
There are a variety of giving opportunities to sustain MSU Extension programs and facilities.
- Extension Master Gardener Program
- Heroes to Hives Veterans Program
- Michigan 4-H
- Michigan Sea Grant
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory (MNFI)
Explore more programs:
Giving Makes a Difference
Published on November 23, 2020
County 4-H endowments provide general support for current 4-H program delivery, purchase or development of new program and learning materials, support for 4-H youth leadership experiences or any future areas of great need to advance the county 4-H program.
Published on October 6, 2020
Descendants of the Houghten family make a gift to support the Thomas C. Houghten Educational Commons at DPFLI.
Published on September 16, 2020
Support your local 4-H program at Tractor Supply Co. from Oct. 7-18, 2020 by purchasing a Paper Clover both online or in stores for just $1.
Published on July 23, 2020
Though not the same as the county fair, 4-H virtual learning showcases and auctions provide a space for youth to demonstrate their mastery of skills developed in 4-H, as well as to market and sell their 4-H projects.
Published on June 30, 2020
Thanks to gifts from Russell King, the MSU Detroit Partnership for Food, Learning and Innovation (DPFLI) has been made a reality.
Published on June 30, 2020
To help support MSU Extension into the future, Jef and Patty Mallett have provided a future gift to support emerging needs within MSU Extension.