MSU Extension plays a vital role in the land-grant mission of Michigan State University. Located in every county in the state, MSU Extension helps people improve their lives by bringing the vast knowledge resources of MSU directly to individuals, communities and businesses. In order to continue to grow and strengthen our programs, we need support from people like you!
MSU Extension giving opportunities exist to help support students, faculty, research, and programs:
- Students – By supporting Michigan 4-H Youth Development programs, donors support potential Spartans. Giving opportunities include:
- College scholarships for 4-H participants or to support youth participation in 4 H programming.
- Scholarships to help people who want to start their own farms attend farm apprenticeship programs.
- College scholarships for those who want to pursue careers in MSU Extension.
- Faculty and Research – Donors could support faculty with MSU Extension appointments who are conducting research and outreach education in any of the areas listed earlier. They could also choose to support MSU Extension educators working in a specific subject area or based in a specific location in the state.
- Programs – All of the focus areas listed earlier offer a variety of programs tailored to different audiences and settings. Support for these programs could help create or sustain an endowed educator position, increase the program’s reach and impact, or fund technical support, tool and equipment purchases, and travel.
There are a variety of giving opportunities to sustain MSU Extension programs and facilities.
- Michigan 4-H
- Michigan Sea Grant
- MSU Detroit Partnership for Food, Learning and Innovation
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory (MNFI)
- MSU Product Center
- MSU Food Processing and Innovation Center
Explore more programs: