Darrell F. Fienup
Darrell F. Fienup, Professor Emeritus, Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics at Michigan State University. Darrell, in all senses was a true “Stewart of the Land”. He graduated from Shenandoah High School at the age of 16, with the Class of 1942. He was a full-time farmer during WW II. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree from Iowa State University, his Masters Degree from Montana State University and his Ph.D from the University of Wisconsin. Education was an important part of Darrell’s life and his quest for knowledge never ceased.
He held faculty positions at the University of Kentucky and the University of Minnesota. While there he accepted an offer to be part of a University/Ford Foundation project in Argentina, South America where he and his family resided for seven years.
In 1973 he joined the Michigan State University faculty, and in 1975 joined the MSU project in Brazil to do further work in Agriculture Development. His international work continued through MSU in Nepal and later with the Kellogg Foundation/MSU in Africa, India, Thailand, Japan and Latin America.
Retirement provided time to do conservation projects on his farms in Iowa as well as continuing his interests of farming. Darrell was always ready for a round of golf, another Elderhostel or yet another interesting place in the world to explore. He was also a 50 year member of the Masonic Lodge.
Darrell F. Fienup, age 82 of East Lansing, Michigan passed away on Friday, February 13, 2009 after a courageous bout with cancer.
- View list of advisees and respective theses/dissertations topics
- MSU Library
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture (CHLA) Cornell University Library
- USAID Development Experience Clearing House (DEC)
- Books World Cat
- The Agricultural Development of Argentina. A Policy and Development Perspective. 1970. by Darrell F, Fienup, Russel H. Brannon and Frank A. Fender. IDEAS – RePEc.
- Training Agricultural Economists for Work in International Development. 1980. by Darrell F. Fienup and Harold M. Riley. American Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kellogg International Fellowship Program in Food Systems. 1986. Program Brochure
- Kellogg International Fellowship Program in Food Systems. 1986. Final Program Report
- Kellogg International Fellows Program in Food Systems (KIFP/FS). [1985 - 1992]
- Farming Systems Support Project. [1983 – 1986]
- Training Agricultural Economists for Work in International Development. [1977 - 1982]
- Latin America Agricultural Sector Planning and Policy Network. [1977 – 1980]
- Nepal Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science - IAAS. [1975 – 1984]
- Brazil - Graduate Agriculture Education (PEAS). [1974 – 1978]