Jeta Rudi Polloshka
Dr. Jeta Rudi Polloshka is a fixed-term Assistant Professor of Food Marketing and Management in the Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics (AFRE). Prior to this appointment, she was Assistant Professor of Agribusiness at Cal Poly – San Luis Obispo (January 2017 – December 2021). Jeta earned her PhD in Applied Economics at the University of Minnesota. Her appointment at MSU includes teaching and research responsibilities.
Jeta’s research focuses on analyzing consumer demand during various shocks, especially food safety recalls. Broadly, she is interested in the areas of consumer food choices, food safety and food waste. She is passionate about translating academic research into actionable policies and programs, as well as lessons for the food industry. As part of a USDA Food Safety Outreach project, she trains growers, food industry representatives, and students on the economics of food safety. She frequently visits with the food industry to learn about the challenges and opportunities and serves as a bridge between students and the industry. At MSU, Jeta teaches food marketing and managerial economics classes in the undergraduate program.
Research and Outreach Interests
- Food Marketing
- Economics of food safety and food waste
- Consumer and Producer decision making
- AFRE 240 Food Product Marketing (MSU)
- AFRE 303 Managerial Economics (MSU)
- AGB 212 Agricultural Economics (Cal Poly)
- AGB 260 Agribusiness Data Literacy (Cal Poly)
- AGB 301 Food and Fiber Marketing (Cal Poly)
- AGB 312 Agricultural Policy (Cal Poly)
- AGB 462 Applied Agribusiness Problems (Cal Poly)