Honey Fruit Spread
Honey is a great natural sweetener to add to any of your favorite dishes. It contains throat-soothing properties and nutrients that give you energy. Michigan State University Extension provides education that helps people buy and prepare healthy, budget-friendly foods as well as live a balanced, healthy lifestyle. Because honey is sweeter than sugar, use less of it for the same sweet taste. Honey is full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making it not only a great natural source of energy but also a boost for your immune system. Pollination occurs when bees fly from flower to flower, helping fruits and vegetables to reproduce. Farmers markets often obtain honey from bees that pollinate local crops. Much of the honey you buy from the supermarket is highly filtered to give it a clear appearance. Read the label to find out where the honey comes from and whether it is 100 percent pure honey.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced toasted almonds
- In a medium mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon juice; mix well.
- Spoon into a small bowl, and top with almonds.
- To serve, place bowl on a plate and surround with assorted fruits such as banana slices, grapes, apple slices, strawberries, and peach or nectarine slices.