For maximum quality, store apples in a cool place, between 32 and 40 °F. Apples stored at this temperature maintain nutritional benefits such as B vitamins, fiber and vitamin C and can be kept for about a month. There are many varieties of apples, and they can be prepared in many ways.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 4
- 4 large baking apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wax paper to cover
- Wash apples and remove core.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each apple to form a flat surface.
- Place apples in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- In a small dish, mix brown sugar and cinnamon
- Spoon mixture into center of apples.
- Cover apples with wax paper and microwave on high power 6 to 10 minutes or until apples are soft.