Stuffed Peppers with Corn
Sweet corn chosen for freezing is processed at its peak ripeness, a time when it is most nutrient-packed and most delicious.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 10
- 5 yellow or red peppers (cut in half lengthwise)
- ½ small onion (chopped)
- 1 ½ garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- One 10 ½ ounce-can diced tomatoes with chilies (undrained)
- 9 ounces frozen whole kernel corn (defrosted) ½ cup cheddar cheese
- shredded Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Remove seeds from peppers. Cook in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
3. In medium skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
4. Combine rice, tomatoes with chilies, corn and onion mixture. Mix well.
5. Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.
7. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake again for 5 minutes until cheese melts.