How to Prepare
Registrants will be best prepared to participate in the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program if they have first completed the MSU Extension Citizen Planner Program (required) and have a minimum of 6-18 months of on-the-job experience.
Additionally, please review and gather the following materials BEFORE participating in the program:
Review Michigan Enabling Acts
What to Have with You
Please have the following materials from your jurisdiction(s) with you for the training:
- A copy of the zoning ordinance.
- A copy of your job description.
- A copy of all the zoning forms.
- A copy of any office manual.
- A copy of any local ethics code.