The 2020 Zoning Administrator Certificate Program is Feb. 6-7 at the Bay Harbor Village Hotel and Conference Center, 4160 Main St., Bay Harbor, MI 49770.
Registration and lodging information is available at https://events.anr.msu.edu/ZAC20.
All registrants of the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program training will receive:
- A binder with materials associated with each of the eight modules in the program (300+ pages). These may include:
- A copy of all PowerPoint slides,
- A copy of all special handouts, such as sample job description,sample zoning forms,sample ethics materials,sample checklists and all class exercises.
- A summary of about 300 Michigan Appellate Court Cases that are most relevant to day-to-day zoning administration (not available separately).
- A copy of the “Michigan Planning Guidebook, 2nd Ed.”
- A copy of the “Michigan Zoning Guidebook, 3rd Ed.”
Participants who meet all the prerequisites and successfully pass the test at the end of each of the eight modules will receive a framed certificate indicating successful completion of the program.
Several entities think the education of zoning administrators is so important that they are willing to offer scholarships for participation.
- Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority (MMRMA): Offers grant funding (partial reimbursement of the course fee) to its members. For details and to apply for the grant, please contact MMRMA directly.
- Nickel & Saph, Inc. Insurance Agency: Offers a $500 scholarship to its municipal clients. For details, please contact Stephen Saph, Jr. at email@example.com or call (800) 657-7373.
If you have questions about upcoming trainings or how to register for the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program, please contact Janean Danca at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-657-8213
Accommodations for Disabled Persons
Accommodations for people with disabilities may be requested by contacting program administrator Janean Danca at email@example.com or calling 269-657-8213 prior to the registration deadline (14 days prior to the training start date). Requests received after that date will be met if possible but are not guaranteed.