The 2022 Zoning Administrator Certificate Program will be a hybrid offering consisting of webinar delivery, self-paced online learning, and an overnight, in-person training. The program will begin January 19 with a kick-off webinar including delivery of Module 1 of the curriculum. Participants will then have two and a half weeks to complete Modules 6 and 7 in MSU's learning management system - Desire 2 Learn (D2L). The in-person training consisting of the remaining five modules of the curriculum will be held in Mt. Pleasant beginning at 11am on February 8 and concluding by 2pm on February 9.
Registration for the 2022 ZAC Program has closed.
All registrants of the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program receive:
- A binder with materials associated with each of the eight modules in the program (300+ pages). These may include:
- A copy of all PowerPoint slides,
- A copy of all special handouts, such as sample job description, sample zoning forms, sample ethics materials, sample checklists and all class exercises,
- A summary of over 300 Michigan Appellate Court Cases that are most relevant to day-to-day zoning administration (not available separately).
- A copy of the “Michigan Planning Guidebook, 2nd Ed.”
- A copy of the “Michigan Zoning Guidebook, 3rd Ed.”
Participants who meet all the prerequisites and successfully pass the exam at the conclusion of the program will receive a framed certificate indicating successful completion of the program.
Several entities think the education of zoning administrators is so important that they are willing to offer scholarships for participation.
- Michigan Municipal Risk Management Authority (MMRMA): Offers grant funding (partial reimbursement of the course fee) to its members. For details and to apply for the grant, please contact MMRMA directly.
- Nickel & Saph, Inc. Insurance Agency: Offers a $500 scholarship to its municipal clients. For details, please contact Stephen Saph, Jr. at email@example.com or call (800) 657-7373.
If you have questions about upcoming trainings or how to register for the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-353-6472.
Accommodations for Disabled Persons
Accommodations for people with disabilities may be requested by emailing email@example.com or calling 517-353-6472 prior to the registration deadline (14 days prior to the training start date). Requests received after that date will be met if possible but are not guaranteed.