Videos and Podcasts
Douglas Landis - University Distinguished Professor
Douglas Landis was named University Distinguished Professor in 2017. This recognition is among the highest honors that can be bestowed on a faculty member at Michigan State University.
2018 MSU Outstanding Student Leadership Nominee Lidia Komondy
Undergraduate student Lidia Komondy was nominated for the CANR Outstanding Student Leadership Service Award for her service and leadership in the CANR and through her university activities.
Going wild: Native bees can improve pollination
More bees are needed to pollinate crops. See what Rufus Isaacs and a team of scientists are doing to bolster the native bee population.
Ke Dong's research into avoiding mosquito resistance to pesticides and repellants
Ke Dong and colleagues are working to combat resistant mosquitoes.
Entomology: More Than Just Bugs
Watch this video to learn about the Department of Entomology and our diverse studies.
Dedicated to global solutions - Karim Maredia
MSU's Karim Maredia is dedicated to improving agriculture and food security in places like Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Collaborating for Food Security in Central Asia
Michigan State University partners with collaborators to begin rebuilding food security in Central Asia.
Chelsea Rawe 2014 CANR graduation speech
Undergrad tells how studying entomology changed her life in speech at College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Commencement.
Graduate student explains why choose to study entomology and her research discoveries about malaria mosquitoes
PhD grad Megan Fritz describes her research on malaria mosquitoes and why people choose to study entomology.
- Jen Pechal talks about her research on necrobiome on NPR's Science Friday
- Adam Ingrao: Program Helps Veterans Find Camaraderie Through Beekeeping on Michigan Radio's Stateside Podcast
- Dave Smitley: Protecting Pollinators in Urban Landscapes on Oregon State University Extension Service PolliNation
- Adam Ingrao: Connecting veterans to the healing powers of agriculture on Greening of the Great Lakes with Kirk Heinze
- Rufus Isaacs on building habitat for wild bees to pollinate farms and gardens, on Greening of the Great Lakes with Kirk Heinze
- Dan Gibson discusses natural enemies with Kim Eierman of EcoBeneficial! for her podcast
- Rufus Isaacs explains how more wild bee habitats would benefit growers on WKAR
- Julianna Wilson chats all about MSU’s “bee hotels” on WKAR
- Rufus Isaacs speaks about decline of wild bees on WKAR
- Adam Ingrao tells path to study entomology and serve fellow veterans on Spartan Podcast
- Mike Kaufman interview about Zika threat in Michigan on Greening of the Great Lakes
See more Entomology-related videos
- Asparagus Miner Life Cycle & IPM
- Tritophic Interactions
- Onion Thrips Scouting
- Farmer Veteran Coalition of Michigan & MSU Extension
- Cherries and Beer Hops Are Growing Like Crazy in Michigan | ABC News
- EcoBeneficial Interview: Research on Plants for Beneficial Insects
- Benefits of Planting Flowers for Bees
- 2015 Gary Simmons Memorial Lecture