Videos and Podcasts
- Jen Pechal talks about her research on necrobiome on NPR's Science Friday
- Adam Ingrao: Program Helps Veterans Find Camaraderie Through Beekeeping on Michigan Radio's Stateside Podcast
- Dave Smitley: Protecting Pollinators in Urban Landscapes on Oregon State University Extension Service PolliNation
- Adam Ingrao: Connecting veterans to the healing powers of agriculture on Greening of the Great Lakes with Kirk Heinze
- Rufus Isaacs on building habitat for wild bees to pollinate farms and gardens, on Greening of the Great Lakes with Kirk Heinze
- Dan Gibson discusses natural enemies with Kim Eierman of EcoBeneficial! for her podcast
- Rufus Isaacs explains how more wild bee habitats would benefit growers on WKAR
- Julianna Wilson chats all about MSU’s “bee hotels” on WKAR
- Rufus Isaacs speaks about decline of wild bees on WKAR
- Adam Ingrao tells path to study entomology and serve fellow veterans on Spartan Podcast
- Mike Kaufman interview about Zika threat in Michigan on Greening of the Great Lakes
Asparagus miner's life cycle and how IPM can impact it
Grad student Rob Morrison produces video on an IPM approach for asparagus miner.
Chelsea Rawe 2014 CANR graduation speech
Undergrad tells how studying entomology changed her life in speech at College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Commencement.
Going wild: Native bees can improve pollination
More bees are needed to pollinate crops. See what Rufus Isaacs and a team of scientists are doing to bolster the native bee population.
Graduate student explains why choose to study entomology and her research discoveries about malaria mosquitoes
PhD grad Megan Fritz describes her research on malaria mosquitoes and why people choose to study entomology.
Ke Dong's research into avoiding mosquito resistance to pesticides and repellants
Ke Dong and colleagues are working to combat resistant mosquitoes.
Entomology students explain tritrophic interactions
Zsofia Szendrei's students in her ENT890 course explain the concept of tritrophic interactions.
How to scout for onion thrips video
Zsofia Szendrei and MSU Extension educator Ben Werling discuss how to scout for onion thrips in onions.
Entomology: More Than Just Bugs
Watch this video to learn about the Department of Entomology and our diverse studies.
Cherries and Beer Hops Are Growing Like Crazy in Michigan
MSU Entomology alumni discuss climate impacts on cherries and hops with ABC’s Good Morning America.
Collaborating for Food Security in Central Asia
Michigan State University partners with collaborators to begin rebuilding food security in Central Asia.
Dedicated to global solutions - Karim Maredia
MSU's Karim Maredia is dedicated to improving agriculture and food security in places like Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Research on Plants for Beneficial Insects With Doug Landis
Wondering which plants are most attractive to beneficial insects? Join Kim Eierman as she talks with MSU's Doug Landis.
Benefits of Planting Flowers for Bees
How can we help bees and ensure that farmers continue to get consistent, reliable pollination?
Farmer Veteran Coalition of Michigan
Farmer veterans learn soil health from experts at MSU Extension, MSU Entomology, NRCS and others.
Dave Smitley explains simple steps to avoid grub damage in lawns as part of Smart Gardening.