Click on the links below to jump down to a certain part of this page for easy navigation.
- Classification of insect orders
- Computers and technology services
- COVID-19 Building Reopening Plans
- Department forms, time sheets and letterhead
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Entomology Extension Contacts by Area
- Entomology Farm and Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
- Grant proposal preparation
- Logos, branding and communications
- Promotion and tenure
- RCR - Responsible Conduct of Research
- Reservation calendars for the Center for Integrated Plant Systems (CIPS)
- Seminars and faculty meetings
- Technical staff employee excellence forms
- Title IX - sex discrimination, sexual harassment and violence
View the Department of Entomology bylaws
Classification of insect orders
View the Updated 2016 list of classification of orders of insects
View the 2021-2022 Department committee chairs and members
Computers and technology services
Contact ANR Technology Services for setup or repairs related to computers and digital devices.
- Submit a ticket to ANR Technology Services for a service request.
- If your office is in CIPS or the Food Safety building, contact Lee Duynslager (south campus ANR Tech Services) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-5296. All other buildings should submit a ticket request.
COVID-19 Building Reopening Plans
See the COVID-19 building reopening plans for important information to help keep the campus community safe and ensure approved research activities on campus can continue.
Department forms, time sheets and letterhead
- Clerical-Technical Employee Time Sheet
- Student Time Sheet
- Temporary and On-Call Labor Time Sheet
- MSU Letter Head (black)
- MSU Letter Head (green)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Learn about our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Links and information on where to report criminal or ethical concerns.
Entomology Extension Contacts by Area
Entomology Farm and Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
- Checklist for working on the Entomology Farm
- A Guide to Fieldwork Safety for MSU Entomologists
- Working in and around pesticides in field research: WPS and more - information from Chris DiFonzo and John Stone, published May 2018.
Grant proposal preparation
- MSU Research Administration Project. Support documents for using MSU’s new website for managing proposals and grants.
- Entomology Department proposal initiation form
- Graduate Assistant Monthly Stipend Rates (Pay Rates) 2022-2028
- Graduate Assistant Fringe chart 2021-2027
- Fringe Rate Table
- USDA NIFA budget template
- USDA NIFA template with grad student and post doc budgeted
- Grant proposal deadlines for processing with the Entomology business office
Logos, branding and communications
Entomology's Joy Landis can answer questions and help you connect with communicators at college and university (CABS) level.
- View Entomology's Logos and branding page to see commonly used logos, colors and other MSU brand tools for you to use.
- Visit MSU's Branded Templates website for templates to use for posters, flyers, brochures, fact sheets and much more.
- Visit The MSU Brand website for much more resources available to you.
- MSU Academics Communications Toolkit: Why you should communicate beyond journals and peers and how to do it.
Promotion and tenure
- CANR Faculty Mentoring Policy
- Demystifying Promotion to Associate Professor
- Demystifying Reappointment as Assistant Professor
- Demystifying Promotion to Professor
- Academic specialist promotion procedures
RCR - Responsible Conduct of Research
- MSU Graduate School’s resources for teaching responsible conduct of research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- RCR PowerPoint presentations on each of the federal Office of Research Integrity topics—with explanatory notes—that can be used as assigned readings and as foundational material for guided discussions.
Reserve space in the Center for Integrated Plant Systems (CIPS) with these links to calendars. Note that these links are only accessible to people on campus using the MSU Wifi or wired Ethernet network, or using the VPN.
Seminars and faculty meetings
- Dates and speakers for Department Seminar Series
- Seminars – checklist for hosting
- Faculty meetings are held the third Friday of the month from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. online via Zoom, unless otherwise noted: https://msu.zoom.us/j/95258542004, Passcode: 388567
- 2020 dates: Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18
- 2021 dates: Jan. 15, Feb. 19, March 19, April 16, May 21
Technical staff employee excellence forms
- Performance Excellence Resources for Supervisors
- Performance Excellence forms including the optional Goal Setting and Development Plan form.
- Annual Review Form Instructions
- Annual Review form
Title IX – sex discrimination, sexual harassment and violence
- MSU Entomology supports cultivating a safe and inclusive campus community that is free of sex discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual violence. For resources, making a report or to understand policies, see the MSU Title IX website.