CANR Golfing for Scholarships
29th Annual CANR Golfing for Scholarships – Goes Virtual!
Golf where you’re at June 8-21, 2021!
The CANR Alumni Association is pleased to announce that this year’s annual golf outing will be held online, wherever you are. You can pick your local or favorite golf course and still support our CANR students.
Why we golf
As students return to campus in the next academic year and student clubs resume their networking and experiential learning activities, your support is needed so that the CANRAA can continue to support students in their academic and professional pursuits through student club grants and scholarships.
To date, the CANR Alumni Association has awarded more than $1 million in scholarships and student club grants, helping more than 3,000 students. The Golfing for Scholarships outing is our primary fundraising event that makes these grants possible.
All registrations, payments and golf information must be received by June 21 to ensure eligibility.
- Team registration is $200 ($50/person) and is eligible for tax deductibility. Registration can be paid together or separately, via check or online.
- Single registration is $50.
*Please note, your registration does not include any golf fees that you may incur at the course you select.
Register today as a team, an individual and/or a sponsor!
The full amount of your registration fee and sponsorships may be considered a tax-deductible donation. Team members may submit payment individually and any party submitting payment will receive a gift receipt from Michigan State University.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
It’s easy, just:
- Determine the course where you/your team will golf.
- Register before you play. One member of your team should complete the registration link and will receive more detailed instructions. All registrations, payments and golf information must be received by June 21 to ensure eligibility.
- Golf anytime between June 8 and June 21, 2021, whenever and wherever you'd like (must play a minimum of 6,400 yards).
- After golfing, submit a photo of your team and scorecards to the committee.
Teams enter one of three divisions:
- Open (any team that would like to enter)
- Co-Ed (must have at least one person of the opposite sex on the team)
- Distinguished (average age of the team is 60+)
The top team in each division wins a prize!
Individuals can play, too! Register yourself as a single golfer ($50/person), golf between June 8-21 (must play a minimum of 6,400 yards) and submit a photo of yourself and scorecard after you play.
Even though we are not golfing together, we still need your support through sponsorships. Annual and event sponsors help fund scholarships, student activities and alumni programs.
To become a 2021 Golfing for Scholarships sponsor, register online or print off this sponsor sheet and mail it with a check to:
ANR Alumni Association
Morrill Hall of Agriculture
446 W. Circle Dr., Room 319
East Lansing, MI 48824
Checks should be made payable to Michigan State University.
Thank you to this year’s sponsors:
Annual Corporate Partners
- Gold Partner: Michigan Farm Bureau Family of Companies
- Silver Partner: GreenStone Farm Credit Services
Ace Sponsors – $2,000
- Drs. Lynn and Mary Harvey
Albatross Sponsors – $1,000
Eagle Sponsors – $500
- Andy and Kay Granskog
- North Bay Produce, Inc.
- Marcella Stachwick, in loving memory of George Stachwick
- Cathy Stachwick, in loving memory of George Stachwick
Birdie Sponsors – $300
- George and Anne Bird
- Jenny Bond
- Michigan Apple Committee
- Michigan Turfgrass Foundation
- Michigan Pork Producers Association
- Paramount Coffee
- Rural Community Insurance Services
Par Sponsors – $100
- College Fields Golf Course
- Rhonda Crackel
- Kirk and Katha Heinze
- The Reed Family (2)
- Remus Rigg
- Bob Schutzki
- Bob and Deb VerBerkmoes
If you can’t participate this year, you can still support our CANR students by making a gift online.
For additional information, including sponsorship opportunities, contact Faith Brooks-Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-355-3887.
Each June the CANR Alumni Association hosts a golf outing to benefit student scholarships, CANR student activities and alumni programming.
When: June 8-21, 2021
Where: Online, wherever you are. You can pick your local or favorite golf course and still support our CANR students.
2021 CANR Golfing for Scholarships event raises $7,500 for CANR scholarships, student activities and alumni programs
Published on June 23, 2021
The 2021 CANR Golfing for Scholarships virtual event was held June 8-21, 2021. Thanks to our golfers and sponsors, $7,500 was raised for the ANR Alumni Association Scholarship Fund, CANR student activities and alumni programs!
2019 CANR Golfing for Scholarships event provides $10,000 for CANR scholarships, student activities and alumni programs
Published on June 7, 2019
The 2019 CANR Golfing for Scholarships outing held June 4 and raised $10,000 for scholarships, student club grants and alumni programming.