Student Club Grants
For the 16th year, the MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association (CANRAA) is offering grants to qualifying student organizations to help offset the costs of specific special projects or opportunities. This year, the CANRAA is also partnering with GreenStone Farm Credit Services and Michigan Farm Bureau to make additional grants available during the 2022-2023 academic year!
The MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association has limited funds which it may, at its discretion, make available to qualifying student organizations to help offset the costs of specific special projects or opportunities.
Funds may be requested in any amount up to $1,000. Consideration will be made for additional funding for special circumstances and unique scenarios, including, but not limited to hosting national events on the Michigan State University campus.
Applications are reviewed twice a year. Students should apply online by:
- October 20 for fall semester.
- February 15 for spring semester.
Requests for event funding should be for events more than 30 days out.
- Applications submitted in the fall must have event dates on or after November 20 and those submitted spring semester must be held on or after March 17.
- CANR student clubs and organizations may request funds up to one year in advance of use date.
- Consideration should be made to submit application for events a semester before they are to occur. Allocations will not be provided for events which have already passed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- To qualify an undergraduate student organization must be a regular participating member of the CANR Student Senate or must have a representative from the department the club represents. CANR departments with registered Graduate Student Organizations are also eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted using the Qualtrics survey link and have ALL information fully completed to be eligible for funds.
- Applications for funding will be reviewed by the CANRAA’s Student Grant Committee and applicants will be contacted by the Alumni Relations staff with the committee’s decision within 30 days of the due date. If approved, funds will be transferred by a JVE to the club’s MSU account. Clubs must use the funds for the reason requested.
- For future financial consideration, student organizations must return a feedback form and create a poster (poster requirements included on feedback form) that can be displayed at various CANRAA events. More information will be provided to those student organizations that are approved for funding.
To date 188 student club grants totaling over $143,000 have been awarded.