Student Club Grants
The Student Club Grant Program will resume in spring semester 2022 with applications due Feb. 15, 2022. Any applications that have been approved will continue to be funded.
The MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association has limited funds which it may, at its discretion, make available to qualifying student organizations to help offset the costs of specific special projects or opportunities.
Funds may be requested in any amount up to $1,000. Special consideration will be made for additional funding for special circumstances and unique scenarios, including but not limited to, hosting national events on the MSU campus.
Applications are reviewed twice a year. Students should submit applications by:
- October 20 for fall semester
- February 15 for spring semester
Requests for event funding should be for events more than 30 days out.
- Applications submitted in the fall must have event dates on or after November 20 and those submitted spring semester must be held on or after March 15.
- CANR student clubs and organizations may request funds up to one year in advance of use date.
- Consideration should be made to submit application for events a semester before they are to occur. Allocations will not be provided for events which have already passed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- To qualify an undergraduate student organization must be a regular participating member of the CANR Student Senate or must have a representative from the department the club represents. CANR departments with Graduate Student Organizations are also eligible to apply.
- To be considered for funding:
- Application forms must be fully completed to be eligible for funds, no exceptions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications must include an attached budget.
- Applicants must use the current year’s application and should not duplicate past submission forms orcut and paste from prior years.
- Applications must be typed.
- Consideration may be given for additional funding for special circumstances including, but not limited to, hosting national events on the Michigan State University campus.
- Your request will be forwarded to CANRAA’s Student Club Grant Committee within a week of the submission deadline.
- You will be contacted within 30 days by the Alumni Relations staff with the committee’s decision.
- If approved, funds will be transferred by a JVE to the club’s MSU account.
- Submit your application to Faith Brooks-Mason in the CANR Office of External Relations, 446 West Circle DR; Room 319, East Lansing, 48824 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For future financial consideration, student organization(s) MUST return a feedback form and create a poster (poster requirements included on feedback form) that can be displayed in your booth at AutumnFest and other CANRAA events.
To date 188 student club grants totaling over $143,000 have been awarded.