Pollinator Protection for Pesticide Applicators
Pesticide applicators can learn how they can support bees and other pollinators through the Pollinator Protection for Pesticide Applicators online course. The online course is self-paced, allowing students to review course materials at their own pace and on their own schedules. The course takes about an hour to complete.
Pollinator Protection for Pesticide Applicators contains 4 modules:
- Pollinator Appreciation
- Pesticide Toxicity and Risk to Bees
- Pesticide Labels and Pollinators
- Supporting Pollinator Health
Pesticide Applicator Recertification Credit
Upon course completion, certified pesticide applicators in Michigan can request one restricted use pesticide (RUP) credit (categories 1A, 1B, 1C, 7A, Commercial Core or Private Core). Participants can also print a certificate of completion.
This course is open to all everyone, and its intended audience is certified pesticide applicators who work in pest management of specialty and row crops.
If you work in landscaping or land management of private or public lands, consider the Pollinator Protection for Land Managers online course, which offers 1 RUP credit in categories 2, 3A, 3B, 6, & 7A, Commercial Core or Private Core.
Self-paced online course
To register for this course you will need to create an account, sign in with your email/password, and complete the registration process. To watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial. Step-by-step instructions are below.
- STEP #1: Create your Michigan State University Guest Account by selecting the Create Your MSU Guest Account button below. (For detailed instructions visit the following web page: Instructions: Creating Your Guest Account.)
Create Your MSU Guest Account
- STEP #2: Click on the button below to login to the registration system with your Guest Account (your email) and Password. Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
Register for the Pollinator Protection for Pesticide Applicators Course
- STEP #3: After registration is complete, login at https://d2l.msu.edu/ with your Guest Account and password to begin the course.
Start the Course
*If you need to reset your password at any time go to https://auth.msu.edu/ and select the option for "Need help Signing in."
For content related questions, please contact Ana Heck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any technical problems, please contact the Michigan State University IT Service Desk from 7am-12am Monday through Friday and 10am-12am on Saturday/Sunday, any day that the University is open.
- Phone: (517) 432-6200
- Phone (toll free): 1 (844) 678-6200
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my username/NETID?
Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page. Login with the email address and password you set during the registration process.
I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do?
A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly.
I forgot my password – where can I reset it?
If you need to reset your password at any time go to https://auth.msu.edu/ and select the option for "Need help Signing in."
This work is supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Crop Protection and Pest Management Program through the North Central IPM Center (2018-70006-28883).