CSUS students and alumni find employment in a wide variety of natural resources and environmental fields within the private, government, and non-profit sectors.
CSUS maintains a group on MSU’s networking platform, MSU Connect, for alumni and students to connect around employment opportunities in environmental and sustainability fields. Join our Environmental and Sustainability Careers group on MSU Connect to network, post jobs, and find employment opportunities. As a Spartan, you will have access to this platform even after you graduate.
The following web sites managed outside of CSUS contain links to a variety of employers and potential employment opportunities. Spend some time exploring each site and then bookmark those sites that contain the types of careers and positions that are of interest.
- Use Handshake to find jobs, internships, career events, career fairs & more!
- Find Michigan-based agriculture, food and natural resource education jobs.
- MSU Career Services Network
- Student Conservation Association
- American Zoo and Aquarium Association Job Listings
- The Nature Conservancy Employment Opportunities
- Wetland Related Jobs
- Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Careers in Agriculture and related fields
State of Michigan Agencies
- Michigan Department of Education
- Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Federal Natural Resource Agencies
Federal job announcements are available at USAJOBS. The following list provides links to federal agencies that might be looking for employees with the skillsets that CSUS students demonstrate. Use these links for career exploration and to find out what each of these agencies is all about.
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation
- National Park Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Geological Survey