Managing medications, navigating stress, communicating with healthcare providers — there are numerous ways people can better manage, and potentially even prevent the onset of, diabetes.
MSU Extension's team of chronic disease management health educators bring a variety of health classes and information into communities across Michigan and beyond. Programs are available both virtually and in-person.
Offerings and programs include:
- Personal Action Toward Health (PATH), which has a specialized module for diabetes management called Diabetes PATH.
- Dining With Diabetes, a program available to people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and their caregivers to explore diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Stress reduction and mindfulness education, through the Mindfulness for Better Living suite of programs and Stress Less with Mindfulness.
- The Sleep Education for Everyone Program (SLEEP), which helps older adults build better sleep habits.
- Nutrition-specific resources and information, and much more.