Potential students can get to know us and how to apply below. If you are a current graduate student in the Department, check out our current student resources.
About MSU Entomology
- View our video Entomology: More Than Just Bugs.
- Read Graduate studies in Entomology: Solve big problems, take your career anywhere
- Meet students through our featured interviews.
- Learn about our graduates' successes in our alumni profiles.
- Visit our research section and click on specializations that interest you, for example, natural resources and biodiversity. You will find a description of research underway and a directory of professors working in that area. Click on a professor’s name for more about their work.
- Read our current news in the latest issue of our Bugged newsletter.
How to apply
Welcome! MSU Entomology is a vibrant and internationally-recognized unit committed to interdisciplinary research, teaching and extension at local, regional, national and international scales. We have approximately 30 faculty, 40 graduate students and 30 undergraduate majors and minors with diverse interests spanning from fundamental to applied studies.
- Begin with our department overview.
- Next, identify a major professor and funding. Start this process early.
- Review the application process.
- Learn more about funding for prospective students.
Excited to join us at MSU?
A useful resource will be the student handbook, Guide to Graduate Study. Also, you are invited to contact our graduate program director and secretary for more information:
Questions related to immigration status
Michigan State University welcomes and supports students without regard to their immigration status, in keeping with our non-discrimination policy. Once students are admitted, MSU is committed to fostering an environment in which every student can learn, thrive, and graduate. Visit MSU's website of resources for undocumented and DACA students that includes frequently asked questions and answers, as well as a link to other campus resources.