It's unbelizable, but Michigan is traveling to Belize in 2019 and will host delegates in 2020.
HOSTING PERIOD: TBD
- High-school age youth and adult chaperones
- Delegates will participate in a 4-H camp yet to be determined.
- No language barrier - English is spoken in Belize!
Michigan 2018 delegation, four youth and two chaperones.
HOST FAMILY REQUIREMENTS
- You must have a child of the same gender and within 3 years of the hosted youth
- Families without children of the appropriate age may host an adult chaperone
- No special activities need to be planned, these youth want to experience American culture and make new friends
- Belize exchange is most interested in a Farm to Farm exchange. Host families with Agricultural connections are strongly encouraged.
- Volunteer to participate in the program
- You don’t need to be involved with 4-H to host, but we ask you to complete Michigan Volunteer Selection Process and register for 4-H as part of our hosting process.
Please note: Host family selection is dependent on completion of an application and screening process as well as student availability and personality compatibility.
Pastries from a bakery in Belize.