Michigan 4-H has hosted Korea 4-H delegates for three year through States’ 4-H International Programs. Youth are between the ages of 12-18 years old. We match your child with a Korean delegate within three years of age and same gender. The delegates may share a room with same gender matched sibling. Go to www.states4hexchange.org to apply.
HOSTING PERIOD: TBD
- 12-18 years old or adult chaperones
- Youth have limited English language skills, and host families should be prepared to communicate imaginatively
Korean chaperone meeting his hosts for two weeks in Michigan. Some chaperones stay with two host families during the month.
HOST FAMILY REQUIREMENTS
- You must have a child of the same gender and within 3 years of the hosted youth
- Families without children of the appropriate age may host an adult chaperone
- No special activities need to be planned, these youth want to experience American culture, make new friends, and improve their English by staying with your family
- Volunteer to participate in the program
- You don’t need to be involved with 4-H to host
Host family sharing our culture with their Korean delegate while having a summer picnic.
For more information, visit http://www.states4Hexchange.org/. Please note: Host family selection is dependent on completion of an application and screening process as well as student availability and personality compatibility.
You don't need to be involved with 4-H to host, but we ask you to complete Michigan Volunteer Selection Process and register for 4-H as part of our hosting process.
Please note: Host family selection is dependent on completion of an application screening process as well as student availability and personality compatibility.