- Enviro-weather - Weather data for making IPM and other management decisions
- North Central IPM Center
- Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) and IPM Working Group - Encourages adoption of IPM through NRCS conservation programs such as the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).
- Midwest Invasive Species Information Network (MISIN) - Learn about and report invasive species.
- Michigan State University Extension. The search at this site includes 2006 and forward CAT Alert newsletter articles.
- AgBioResearch- our partner in MSU research.
Pocket-sized IPM scouting guides
The following linked publications can be ordered at the MSU Extension Bookstore. Use the search bar at the website to find additional publications.
- A Pocket Guide for IPM Scouting in Herbaceous Perennials by Jan Byrne and Raymond Cloyd (Publication E2981)
- An IPM Pocket Guide for Weed Identification in Christmas Trees by Steven Grower and Robert Richardson (Publication E2975)
- An IPM Pocket Guide for Weed Identification in Nurseries and Landscapes by Steven Grower and Robert Richardson (E2982)
- An IPM Pocket Guide for Weed Identification in Field Crops by Wesley Everman, Christy Sprague, Steven Grower and Robert Richardson (Publication E3081)
- Identifying Natural Enemies in Crops and Landscapes by Mary Gardiner, Christina DiFonzo, Michael Brewer and Takuji Noma (Publication E2949)
- A Pocket Guide to IPM Scouting in Highbush Blueberries by Annemiek Schilder, Rufus Isaacs, Eric Hanson and Bill Cline (Publication E2928).
- A Pocket Guide for Grape IPM Scouting in the North Central and Eastern U.S. by Rufus Isaacs, Annemiek Schilder, Tom Zabadal and Tom Weigle (Publication E2889). Also available in Spanish (Publication E2889SP)
- A Pocket IPM Scouting Guide for Woody Landscape Plants by Diane Brown (Publication E2839)
- A Pocket Guide for IPM Scouting in Stone Fruits by Dave Epstein, Larry Gut, Alan Jones and Kimberly Maxson-Stein (Publication E2840). Also available in Spanish (Publication E2840SP)
- A Pocket Guide for IPM Scouting in Michigan Apples by David Epstein, Larry Gut and George Sundin (Publication E2720). Also available in Spanish (Publication E2720SP)
- A Pocket Guide to Disease Scouting in Potatoes by Phillip Wharton, William Kirk and Robert Schafer (Publication E2998)
Learn how to scout an apple orchard with this DVD: A Practical Guide for Scouting Apple Orchards DVD by David Epstein and Larry Gut (Publication DVD273)
Weed management including cover crops
- Integrated Weed Management: One Year’s Seeding by Karen Renner and Christy Sprague (Publication E2931)
- Oilseed Radish: A New Cover Crop for Michigan by Mathieu Ngouajio and Dale Mutch (publication E2907)
- Cover Crop Choices for Michigan Vegetables by Sieg Snapp and Dale Mutch (publication E2896)
- Flaming as a Method of Weed Control in Organic Farming Systems by Dale Mutch and Simon Thalmann (publication E3038)
Farm ecology and pest management
- Fruit Crop Ecology and Management by Landis, J.N., J.E. Sanchez, G.W. Bird, C.E. Edson, R. Isaacs, R.H. Lehnert, A.M.C. Shilder and S.M. Swinton (eds). (Publication E2759)
- Michigan Field Crop Pest Ecology & Management by Michel Cavigelli and Dale Mutch (publication E2704)
- Building a Sustainable Future: Ecologically Based Farming Systems by Dale Mutch and Kurt Thelen (publication E2983)
For the home
- What’s Bugging You? How to deal with insects around your home by Tom Ellis and Joy Landis