Welcome to the Kalamazoo County 4-H Youth Development Program. Our Kalamazoo County youth are busy each year with projects and community service programs. They prepare and show their projects for the annual county fair as well as displays of horsemanship and showing their livestock.
Kalamazoo County MSU Extension 4-H staff:
Veronica Bolhuis, 4-H Program Coordinator
Currently vacant - Urban 4-H Program Coordinator
Visit the links on this page to view local 4-H events, the meeting calendar, Kalamazoo County 4-H newsletter and links to the State 4-H office for statewide events, project guidelines and various forms for projects and workshops.
- County-wide Project Leaders
- Make a Donation to Kalamazoo County 4-H (coming soon)
Educational Resources for School Closures
April 1, 2020 7pm
4-H Show Your Money Smarts Contest
April 1 - 30, must be registered by April 16
Newsletters and Calendars
4-H Club Pages
- Aim to Achieve
- Cooper Cavaliers
- 4-H Friends
- Hickory Corners
- StrykeForce Robotics Club
- Teen Club
- VB Wild Mustangs
Kalamazoo 4-H Councils
Kalamazoo County has four 4-H Councils:
- The Leaders Council consists of adult and teen representatives of each community club. The council sets county policy and holds fundraisers to support the overall 4-H program.
- Livestock Superintendents Association (LSA) consists of superintendents of each market animal species. They are responsible for setting policy concerning market animals and hosts the annual livestock auction at the Kalamazoo County Youth Fair.
- Horse Council consists of horse leaders who set policy for the horse project. They are responsible for hosting the annual tack sale and open horse show.
- Dog Council consists of dog leaders who set policy for the dog project.
Please click on the following links for further information on each of the councils.
- Horse Council By-Laws
- Leaders Council By-Laws
- Livestock Superintendents Association By-Laws
- Dog Council By-Laws
State 4-H Opportunities
Other Websites of Interest
- 4-H History
- Kalamazoo County Fair
- MSU 4-H Children Garden
- Kettunen Center (4-H training center)
- 4-H Virtual Farm - there is information on beef, fishing, agriculture and more. This site is courtesy of the Virginia Cooperation Extension. There are a lot of interactive activities to help you learn, even if you've never been on a farm.